Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

2010 RXT-X 260 (109hrs) prep for 600 mile ride.

Hey guys, well its still several months away and trying to start prepping the ski for a long distance ride coming up in July. Little back ground on ski, bought new in 2010 and have had no mech. problems, just had to replace the rear acess panels. My wear ring looks great (original) along with the prop(Original). The supercharger was rebuilt at 87hrs and that is all the maint other than winterizing that has been done to the ski. I am planning on putting on about 30+hrs on this 7-day ride. Is there anything that you guys would recommend doing to the ski prior to the run and taking in to consideration the number of hours on the ski. This ride will be made in fresh water also. Thanks guys and if any of you are here in the midwest, you should take part in the ride.

http://www.tennesseeriver600.com/

Take a look at the two fittings that come out of the ride plate. You can see them inside the hull when you take the starboard access panel off. One of mine broke and it overheated and blew out all the coolant. Make sure all hose clamps are snug. Make sure your intercooler is healthy. I don't know how but someone here may know how. One of the hoses on my IBR under the port access panel was against the bolt that comes through the hull and holds on the sponson. Check it to see if it's rubbing. I cut mine and reinstalled it to get it away from the bolt just as a precaution. Check the top red turtle shell on the hood. I've seen pics of them coming off. Not a mechanical issue but I'd still check it. Basically, the two issues I've seen and experienced are overheating and IBR hoses coming loose. But check the all anyway for snugness.

+1
    I would take an extra wear ring with you...Never know when you could suck something up and ruin a trip...

+1
    2010 models had junk drive shafts. Have you replaced yours? If you have not replaced it then its not a matter of if it's going to break but when???
    Also call your local doooo dealer and give them your vin#. There are a few free updates that have come out since 2010. The updates are free but the drive shaft might hurt a little bit.

Rip on!!!!
    Last edited by wotxxxsd; 02-05-2014 at 09:20 PM.

+1
    Just sayin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vasoline.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	322496  

6. +1 by:

Wow bring extra wear ring? I know Tiny knows of what he speaks but with the IBR stuff on the stern and the process of changing and installing a ring, that would require a lot of stowed tools, dry land and at least four hours of work and not losing nuts, screws, bolts ferrels, sleaves etc. And if you suck something up your impeller may get trashed requiring replacement too. And a lot more work. A cavitating impeller could shake the machine apart not to mention wreck you ride and dental work. Could have to pull an all nighter for repairs. If the ring is that much of an issue insepct it before the trip and check the tolerance with the impeller and replace if need be. I know from changing impellers the grief of cutting them out and the need to freeze the replacement overnight to slip it in with no trouble. But looks like your ride will have a lot of breaks so you can perform post and pre flight inspections. Check the hose clamps, excessive water in the bildge and look for minor junk in the pump on breaks and bring along a wetsuit if you have to dive en route if the water is cool. I'm presuming that you'll have wingmen and probably marinas to stop at because obviously you'll need fuel. If you need help you'll probably be able to get it there or even other riders out there impressed with your tour who will be willing to help. Tools and such can be split in everyone's storage. In any event it sounds like an awesome trip. Do it! Part of the fun is spitting in the eye of danger and trouble. If you pull it off you'll feel jacked and have a story for a lifetime.

Wow bring extra wear ring? I know Tiny knows of what he speaks but with the IBR stuff on the stern and the process of changing and installing a ring, that would require a lot of stowed tools, dry land and at least four hours of work and not losing nuts, screws, bolts ferrels, sleaves etc. And if you suck something up your impeller may get trashed requiring replacement too. And a lot more work. A cavitating impeller could shake the machine apart not to mention wreck you ride and dental work. Could have to pull an all nighter for repairs. If the ring is that much of an issue insepct it before the trip and check the tolerance with the impeller and replace if need be. I know from changing impellers the grief of cutting them out and the need to freeze the replacement overnight to slip it in with no trouble. But looks like your ride will have a lot of breaks so you can perform post and pre flight inspections. Check the hose clamps, excessive water in the bildge and look for minor junk in the pump on breaks and bring along a wetsuit if you have to dive en route if the water is cool. I'm presuming that you'll have wingmen and probably marinas to stop at because obviously you'll need fuel. If you need help you'll probably be able to get it there or even other riders out there impressed with your tour who will be willing to help. Tools and such can be split in everyone's storage. In any event it sounds like an awesome trip. Do it! Part of the fun is spitting in the eye of danger and trouble. If you pull it off you'll feel jacked and have a story for a lifetime.

+1
    Big +1 to this.

Just helped a buddy replace a stripped out driveshaft and prop on a 2011 TX with about 160hrs. I feel he got really lucky that he made it that long. There are tons of TX owners that have had this happen already... and like wotxxxsd said... it a matter of when this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    2010 models had junk drive shafts. Have you replaced yours? If you have not replaced it then its not a matter of if it's going to break but when???
    Also call your local doooo dealer and give them your vin#. There are a few free updates that have come out since 2010. The updates are free but the drive shaft might hurt a little bit.

Rip on!!!!

What does it sound like when the drive shaft goes? Mine lost power and started making a bad shrieking sound. Dealer said I ingested a rope and charged $3000. When it happened I saw no rope in the tunnel around the shaft or jammed in the impeller. I wasn't going to argue because my insurance covered it and, hey, the dealer is the expert. Whaddya think?

Sorry for double post. Changing my avatar confused me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information