Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Could anyone send me a Gelcote kit?!?!

    I want to buy the Gelcote Scratch & Gouge kit (from Gelcote.ca) but they won't ship outside of USA. I can't find any supplier who will ship international on this (even though the flammable items have been passed as safe for shipping in these low volumes).

    The kit (PWC70000) is a small repair set in Seadoo colour matched BLACK.

    Kit: Designed to repair Scratches and gouges quickly and easily. The kit includes: - 1 Jar of 2 oz. colour matched Gelcoat Paste - 1 bottle of hardener 1/4 oz. - 1 bottle of compound - 2 Mylar plastic release films - 2 mixing sticks - 1 sheet of 600 grit sandpaper $34.95 plus shipping.

    This kit is not sold in Sweden (one place I did find no longer supplies it).

    If someone would buy this for me and mail it to me it would save my ski!! I have two nasty chunks out of the deck of my RXT X 260 As - ouch, not my fault.

    I could pre-pay for the kit and postage by PayPal, so you know you get the money before you buy the kit etc.

    I would really appreciate someone's help.

    PM me if you can help.

    Cheers


  2. #2
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,399
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    I want to buy the Gelcote Scratch & Gouge kit (from Gelcote.ca) but they won't ship outside of USA.
    That's because it's illegal to send liquids of any kind with USPS mail. The sender can be fined heavily!

  3. #3
    just buy regular black gel coat from your local fibreglass supplier

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,602
    +1
    1,277
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    I want to buy the Gelcote Scratch & Gouge kit (from Gelcote.ca) but they won't ship outside of USA. I can't find any supplier who will ship international on this (even though the flammable items have been passed as safe for shipping in these low volumes).

    The kit (PWC70000) is a small repair set in Seadoo colour matched BLACK.

    Kit: Designed to repair Scratches and gouges quickly and easily. The kit includes: - 1 Jar of 2 oz. colour matched Gelcoat Paste - 1 bottle of hardener 1/4 oz. - 1 bottle of compound - 2 Mylar plastic release films - 2 mixing sticks - 1 sheet of 600 grit sandpaper $34.95 plus shipping.

    This kit is not sold in Sweden (one place I did find no longer supplies it).
    ...

    I could pre-pay for the kit and postage by PayPal, so you know you get the money before you buy the kit etc.

    I would really appreciate someone's help.

    PM me if you can help...
    The manufacturer is in Canada, not the US. You are in Sweden. I don't see what the US Postal Service regulations have to do with it.

    Have you tried contacting the manufacturer directly?

    Composites Canada is located less than an hour away from me.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by winterstick View Post
    just buy regular black gel coat from your local fibreglass supplier
    The repair areas are so visible on the top deck I want Seadoo matched Gelcote. Black is not black is not black!!

  6. #6
    Agree on the USPS and liquids, but they won't even send by FedEx or UPS at my cost. Both will ship small volumes of these materials under international agreements on transport of hazzardous materials (ie under 250ml etc).

    Anyway, have contacted Canadian Composites and asked the question.

    If no go, then maybe someone could FedEx or UPS me some?

    How hard can it be to get something so simple in Europe, business opportunity?!?!

  7. #7
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,602
    +1
    1,277
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    ... they won't even send by FedEx or UPS at my cost. Both will ship small volumes of these materials under international agreements on transport of hazzardous materials (ie under 250ml etc).

    Anyway, have contacted Canadian Composites and asked the question.

    If no go, then maybe someone could FedEx or UPS me some?

    How hard can it be to get something so simple in Europe, business opportunity?!?!
    Who is 'they'?

    Let me know what Composites Canada says.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    ... they won't even send by FedEx or UPS at my cost. Both will ship small volumes of these materials under international agreements on transport of hazzardous materials (ie under 250ml etc).

    Anyway, have contacted Canadian Composites and asked the question.

    If no go, then maybe someone could FedEx or UPS me some?

    How hard can it be to get something so simple in Europe, business opportunity?!?!
    Who is 'they'?

    Let me know what Composites Canada says.
    'They' are Gelcote.ca.


    I have also tried a few resellers in USA, but they don't have international option.

    Will update what Candian Composite come back with. Looks like an awesome company for gels, glass and expertise.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone able to send me the instructions for the free flow exhaust for STX15F?
    By Super7Four in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2015, 04:07 PM
  2. Could anyone tell me about this stand up
    By CJ's gpr in forum Kawasaki Projects
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 06:58 PM
  3. Could Anyone Answer this for me? RXPX question
    By S-351 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 05:56 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 06:24 AM
  5. Can anyone help me with my impeller shaft and new prop?
    By ccassone in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 03:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •