Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SBT 787

SBT 787

I'm an active semi long term member on other forums. What is everyone's take over here on SBT engines. 787 in particular?

Thanks guys

+1
    Doo it... I've installed several... they run great. They have a good warranty, they use good parts... I count on them for their reliability. I know that if i install it correctly and break it in carefully according the the instructions and other good advice that they always run.

PPL bash them here just like on the other forums for several reasons...
    -They bought one then proceeded to mess it up by not repairing the carbs that took out their motor in the first place
    -they took it apart and voided they warranty
    -they shouldn't have attempted a motor swap in the first place because they didn't know what they were doing and don't know how to take good advice.

I have found their customer service to be excellent as well, i have made claims on the warranty, they honored them according to their policy without hesitation.

What I am saying, is i have used several of their motors, and i plan to continue using them. I choose to do business with them based on past experiences which have been great.
    I am sure someone will give me some shit about this post, but it is what it is, ppl bash them for no good reason and that is just my $.02...

3. +1 by:

+1
    I bought a 98 SPX with a SBT 787. The ski ran pretty good, but just wouldn't pull to 6900-7000. We tried everything to get the ski to run right and finally checked the exhaust port timing. It was found to be low, so had to pull cylinders to bring them back to stock port timing. Ran great after that. Just my story with a SBT reman. Other than the port timing issue the SBT reman seems solid.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    I bought a 98 SPX with a SBT 787. The ski ran pretty good, but just wouldn't pull to 6900-7000. We tried everything to get the ski to run right and finally checked the exhaust port timing. It was found to be low, so had to pull cylinders to bring them back to stock port timing. Ran great after that. Just my story with a SBT reman. Other than the port timing issue the SBT reman seems solid.
    They are great rec ski motors... If you wanna race or otherwise want to squeeze every last 100 rpm out then learn to build your own motors... It's the only way you will ever truly scratch the itch for speed. If i am going to mod, i am going to build my own... that way if i'm not happy i have nobody else to blame...

+1
    They are great unless you plan of running more than idle speed...They are garbage find someone that can rebuild it, OEM stuff isnt much more and you will have something that will last

7. +1 by:

+1
    ^^^ As i predicted... the bashers have arrived... ^^^ his post is probably based on ONE bad experience, probably one that he caused himself...

OH WAIT... he is bashing them because he wants you to send your engine to him... http://www.purrpowersports.com/ ... CMON Tweaker... find a better way to advertise... I understand business is probably slow there... but promoting your business by running down the competition with negative forum posts just isn't classy man...

Again, i have had many positive experiences with their products. I lost count of the number of their engines i have installed. 90% of those skis i still keep track of. All of the ones that i know of that i have installed are still running great after many years, many hours of use and probably much abuse.
    Last edited by wkuadam07; 02-11-2014 at 02:12 PM.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wkuadam07 View Post
    ^^^ As i predicted... the bashers have arrived
    Damn your good. Can you tell me what the Texas Lotto numbers are going to be this Saturday?

11. +1 by:

+1
    I've seen a lot of newer sbt motors installed on 4 and 2 strokes with 0 issues...

13. +1 by:

+1
    I wouldnt touch an SBT motor of any kind with a 100 foot pole!!!!

JUNK!!

Cheap Chinese bearings.

Everything is bored to maximum possible size

Poor paint quality

Horrible customer service

Shall I go on????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wkuadam07 View Post
    ^^^ As i predicted... the bashers have arrived... ^^^ his post is probably based on ONE bad experience, probably one that he caused himself...

OH WAIT... he is bashing them because he wants you to send your engine to him... http://www.purrpowersports.com/ ... CMON Tweaker... find a better way to advertise... I understand business is probably slow there... but promoting your business by running down the competition with negative forum posts just isn't classy man...

Again, i have had many positive experiences with their products. I lost count of the number of their engines i have installed. 90% of those skis i still keep track of. All of the ones that i know of that i have installed are still running great after many years, many hours of use and probably much abuse.
    I do have a business but it's not purrpowersports, I'm not looking for business off here, I'm trying to save someone the trouble of buying SBT garbage, I do all my rebuilds in house and in seven years had three failures, two from hot rods cranks which I will never use again like sbt....and learn to spell its Tweeker it says it on the top left of this post above the little picture of the rxpx

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information