+1

Yamaha sells Riva

I see that Yamaha sells Riva aftermarket performance parts. Does that mean if I bought the complete stage 1 kit directly fromYamaha that my warranty would not be void? Would I be able to order it directly from my dealer and have them install it? I don't think I'm skilled enough with engines to try and replace an intake manifold on my own.

+1
    A stage 1 kit doesn't void your warranty regardless!

Did you know this forums online store sells the Riva stage 1 kit at a 10% discount?
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...&cPath=200_202

These kits are pretty easy to install yourself with basic hand tools and come with complete instructions/illustrations.

+1
    I was aware that you could order parts through the site but I didn't know that a stage 1 kit would not void a warranty, which is why I assumed if Yamaha was selling it my warranty would still be in good standing. I have read through the forums and the "what will and won't void my warranty" is something that eluded me or at least wasn't clear to me. I am considering a new 2014 fzs purchase and want to get it performing at its best but I'd like to keep my warranty intact since I will be paying to extend it. I assume a stage 2 or 3 would void it? I can't think of what it's called when the "computer" is modified to bypass the restrictions but I assume doing that would void it as well. Is that correct?

+1
    There is no cut and dry fine line of what voids your warranty and what does not... it largely depends on your dealers willingness to work with you. I have seen skis with a reflash "modified computer" and supercharger mods get passed thru on warranty claims no problems at all.

General rule of thumb is bolt on mods will not void your warranty (stage 1 type mods)

Read up on Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Being you are considering a 2012 FZ SVHO the first thing you will want to do to it is reflash the ECU which removes the speed limiter as well as enhances performance

+1
    REFLASH- that's what it's called! Please forgive my ignorance but what does it take to do that? Is it as simple as disconnecting the original ecu and plugging the new one in or is there more to it than that? I'm going to guess its the latter. Do you have a link with pricing on those as well?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtlhunter View Post
    REFLASH- that's what it's called! Please forgive my ignorance but what does it take to do that? Is it as simple as disconnecting the original ecu and plugging the new one in or is there more to it than that? I'm going to guess its the latter. Do you have a link with pricing on those as well?
    No problem we are all here to help you.
    A reflash involves ordering either the R&D or V-Tech reflash here in the forums store. You will then send your stock ECU to either R&D or V-Tech. It will be reprogrammed and shipped back to you the same day it was received. Once you get it back simply install it back into your ski and you are good to go.

The ECU is very easy to remove. Only four 10mm bolts holding it in place and three wire connectors attached to it.

Hope that helps!

+1
    There are warranties on the reflashes right? Like from bad flashes and what not

Thread Information