+1

Cam Buckets for Re-grinds?

Doing the research to see if running R&D regrinds will be a good choice for a rec ski? My 2013 Cams do not currently have cam gears available, which is another reason I am thinking about "pre 2012" cams.

One point of contention I am finding is the possibility of accelerated bucket wear with cams. So what would be the best choice for RC2/3 re-grinds - Riva cam buckets, or coated OEM buckets? Not sweating the difference in cost, just want to make things as reliable as possible @9k+. Hopefully this is a realistic goal.

+1
    I had RC3's with stock buckets. was fine to 9500rpm... but I've heard a lot of feed back that some people are smashing them. Depends really..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    Doing the research to see if running R&D regrinds will be a good choice for a rec ski? My 2013 Cams do not currently have cam gears available, which is another reason I am thinking about "pre 2012" cams.

One point of contention I am finding is the possibility of accelerated bucket wear with cams. So what would be the best choice for RC2/3 re-grinds - Riva cam buckets, or coated OEM buckets? Not sweating the difference in cost, just want to make things as reliable as possible @9k+. Hopefully this is a realistic goal.
    FYI, R&D does make adjustable cam gears for your 2013 ski Part # 612-93019 fits 2013+, Tommy Jordan

Here in the forums online store
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1229

+1
    Where can the OEM buckets be coated at? Are they as good as the aftermarket buckets after the coating?

+1
    Thank you TJ!

The no gears available thing is what got me thinking about cams in the first place. Now that you saved the day with the new part #, I can keep it simple & just do the gears.

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post

FYI, R&D does make adjustable cam gears for your 2013 ski Part # 612-93019 fits 2013+, Tommy Jordan

+1
    Thank you TJ!

The no gears available thing is what got me thinking about cams in the first place. Now that you saved the day with the new part #, I can keep it simple & just do the gears.

+1
    The 2013 and newer adjustable cam gears are here in the forums store
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1229

+1
    Jerry,

Thanks for getting the new p/n gears right up in the store! They are exactly what I need, and I'm sure they will also be benefiting quite a few SVHO's soon.

Thread Information