Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    WP3223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    895
    +1
    93

    Cam Buckets for Re-grinds?

    Doing the research to see if running R&D regrinds will be a good choice for a rec ski? My 2013 Cams do not currently have cam gears available, which is another reason I am thinking about "pre 2012" cams.

    One point of contention I am finding is the possibility of accelerated bucket wear with cams. So what would be the best choice for RC2/3 re-grinds - Riva cam buckets, or coated OEM buckets? Not sweating the difference in cost, just want to make things as reliable as possible @9k+. Hopefully this is a realistic goal.


  2. #2
    RichieFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    2,093
    +1
    4
    I had RC3's with stock buckets. was fine to 9500rpm... but I've heard a lot of feed back that some people are smashing them. Depends really..

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,847
    +1
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    Doing the research to see if running R&D regrinds will be a good choice for a rec ski? My 2013 Cams do not currently have cam gears available, which is another reason I am thinking about "pre 2012" cams.

    One point of contention I am finding is the possibility of accelerated bucket wear with cams. So what would be the best choice for RC2/3 re-grinds - Riva cam buckets, or coated OEM buckets? Not sweating the difference in cost, just want to make things as reliable as possible @9k+. Hopefully this is a realistic goal.
    FYI, R&D does make adjustable cam gears for your 2013 ski Part # 612-93019 fits 2013+, Tommy Jordan

    Here in the forums online store
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1229

  4. #4
    formerly Gold06RXP Turbo Nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    2,095
    +1
    97
    Where can the OEM buckets be coated at? Are they as good as the aftermarket buckets after the coating?

  5. #5
    WP3223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    895
    +1
    93
    Thank you TJ!

    The no gears available thing is what got me thinking about cams in the first place. Now that you saved the day with the new part #, I can keep it simple & just do the gears.





    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    Doing the research to see if running R&D regrinds will be a good choice for a rec ski? My 2013 Cams do not currently have cam gears available, which is another reason I am thinking about "pre 2012" cams.

    One point of contention I am finding is the possibility of accelerated bucket wear with cams. So what would be the best choice for RC2/3 re-grinds - Riva cam buckets, or coated OEM buckets? Not sweating the difference in cost, just want to make things as reliable as possible @9k+. Hopefully this is a realistic goal.
    FYI, R&D does make adjustable cam gears for your 2013 ski Part # 612-93019 fits 2013+, Tommy Jordan

  6. #6
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    Thank you TJ!

    The no gears available thing is what got me thinking about cams in the first place. Now that you saved the day with the new part #, I can keep it simple & just do the gears.




    +1
    The 2013 and newer adjustable cam gears are here in the forums store
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1229

  7. #7
    WP3223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    895
    +1
    93
    Jerry,

    Thanks for getting the new p/n gears right up in the store! They are exactly what I need, and I'm sure they will also be benefiting quite a few SVHO's soon.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: New Head Gasket & new cam chain for 04 RXP
    By Seadooracer9 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 06:42 PM
  2. What paint for Re-built carbs
    By tokeytokertin in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 07:13 AM
  3. WTB: rear storage bucket for STX 15F
    By jetskr in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 08:57 PM
  4. Need a reverse bucket for an 06rxp.
    By BobOnThis in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 04:28 PM
  5. What's everyone using for RE sealant?
    By Suthrn in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •