Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New 07 1300r, Mods?

I just recently purchased an 07 1300r. I finished the break-in tank and am looking for mods that wont void the warranty, or at least are easy enough to take off incase something goes wrong. Im thinking of getting the Riva pump seal kit, but do i then have to reinforce the tunnel?

im open to any and all suggestions. I did search and the only thing i came up with is the PPK. I ride in calm water to heavy chop all the time if that helps any.

Ok first thing is to get rid of that stock intake grate! Buy the aftermarket one from Riva. Also the pump seal kit will make your ski have a slightly better hole shot.

Other mods that might void warranty but im not sure are 14/20 Dynafly impeller and d-plate. You might also want to look into a modded rideplate by jim or carl. The only thing about the modded rideplate that may void your warranty on the pump section is that you have to grind down a little on the pump to get it to fit. The speed increase with a modded plate is between 4-6 mph depending.

Also, buy from Jerrys store on here!!!

http://www.pwc-performance.com/

+1
    Welcome eng811ine

Your warranty will be OK with the shoe sealed and PPK, D-plate, and intake grate. I wouldnt do the aftermarket prop right away. That stock motor will not quite turn it. Step them sponsons.

Seriously consider re-inforcing that tunnel for piece of mind.

+1
    I dont see how grinding the pump would void the warranty but dont hold me to it. An aftermarket ridleplate from Jims performance or Island racing is the biggest MPH gain their is for the gpr. It is fairly cheap and very easy to install.
    Cost around $300 maybe not sure its been awhile

Defintely get a intake grate first for saftey reasons and better hook-up. $130

Sealing the pump is also a cheap easy mod for better acceleration. i think the kit is $70

ok so far on the list i have this:
    1) Jetworks mod for holeshot
    2) Riva PPK
    3) Reinforce the pump tunnel, how do i go about doing this?
    4) Riva top loader intake grate. is this grate ok for rough water riding? also whats so unsafe about the stock ones.
    5) Step the stock sponsons for better handling i assume?
    6) Rideplate, which is good for chop?
    7) D-Plate, which is the cat block off right?

after all this is done, how about an air filter and a freer flowing exhaust?
    im not looking to race this thing in competition, but its fun to have the power and speed there when you need it. all i do is rec riding, wave jumping, 2 up etc. thanks for all the help so far.

Quote Originally Posted by eng811ine View Post
    ok so far on the list i have this:
    1) Jetworks mod for holeshot
    2) Riva PPK
    3) Reinforce the pump tunnel, how do i go about doing this?
    4) Riva top loader intake grate. is this grate ok for rough water riding? also whats so unsafe about the stock ones.
    5) Step the stock sponsons for better handling i assume?
    6) Rideplate, which is good for chop?
    7) D-Plate, which is the cat block off right?

after all this is done, how about an air filter and a freer flowing exhaust?
    im not looking to race this thing in competition, but its fun to have the power and speed there when you need it. all i do is rec riding, wave jumping, 2 up etc. thanks for all the help so far.
    The pump tunnel reinforcement is put over the inside of the pump tunnel. Some people buy the kit, some people buy supplies and do it their selves.

I use the Riva grate, it is been great in smooth, medium, and rough water. The stock grate will toss you off the ski by turning the ski on you. It is dangerous in stock form and the faster you go the more dangerous it gets.

The FF plate from Jim is what I am running. Havent tested it yet but I hear it is good in just about all conditions and it has MASSIVE speed gains.

The d-plate replaces the cat.

Intake I would skip the filters you see on Riva and R&D's site. If you want quick gain for no cost. Remove the stock air system and air box. Remove the metal flame arrestos inside the stock airbox. Reinstall ONLY the airbox.

Another option is ported and stacked throttle bodies. They just came out and the claim from Jim and other is around 100rpm gain over stock. I am getting my stock ones done soon. The guy that does it is on this forum. His name is Ross, just search for a thread in this section about ported throttle bodies, can't miss it.

Free flow exhaust is only good if you are running higher compression because the free flow combats detenation. On an almost stock setup like yours there is no need. Free flow will usually make you loose speed.

Any more questions just shoot!

SOme of these mods, like the jetworks will void your warranty, basically my dealer said that if you have any problems asociated with any aftermarket parts, then it will not be covered. I have done the 1200 grate since it cant harm anything, only help, new sponsons for more adjustability, but just stepping yours would help it, I added the PPK, use alot of 4200 or 5200, dont be shy, I did add the dynafly 14/20, new trim tabs, I have the jetworks, not installed, but tapping the exhaust would void the warranty is what my dealer told me. When you get the D-plate, dont forget the sensor bypass too, or you will get an alarm on your dash. basically I did hull mods for better hook up, but with the Y.E.S. warranty, I havent done any engine work because it may not be reversible for warranty repairs. A plate would help, jims plate is for speed, I have been told numerous times not to get it for stability and control.

here is a thread of great information that I have resourced time and time again... good how to on stepping sponsons and installing the PPK.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8829

Banned User
    r&d pump reinforcement not hard at all
    You don’t have to take the cables out just loosen them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reinforcement.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	19449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 122.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	999.7 KB 
ID:	19450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 124.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1,015.5 KB 
ID:	19451  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
    SOme of these mods, like the jetworks will void your warranty, basically my dealer said that if you have any problems asociated with any aftermarket parts, then it will not be covered. I have done the 1200 grate since it cant harm anything, only help, new sponsons for more adjustability, but just stepping yours would help it, I added the PPK, use alot of 4200 or 5200, dont be shy, I did add the dynafly 14/20, new trim tabs, I have the jetworks, not installed, but tapping the exhaust would void the warranty is what my dealer told me. When you get the D-plate, dont forget the sensor bypass too, or you will get an alarm on your dash. basically I did hull mods for better hook up, but with the Y.E.S. warranty, I havent done any engine work because it may not be reversible for warranty repairs. A plate would help, jims plate is for speed, I have been told numerous times not to get it for stability and control.

here is a thread of great information that I have resourced time and time again... good how to on stepping sponsons and installing the PPK.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8829
    why would someone tell you that the Jims plate is not for stability or control?? best plate i have used yet.....speed,control,stabilty...i just dont understand.... if you can find a better one let me know. i will test it but, chances are slim to none... try running 78-79 in 6"-8" chop... my ff plate glids through like butter.stock plate wont even let me get to those sppeds to find out.as far as control it turns on a dime??? hmmmm heard many skis running a Jims plate without trim tabs but, wait they are not stable???

+1
    what is the BEST rideplate depends on the conditions YOU ride in

I would agree 100% in flat water the Jim's FF plate and Carls mod 4 plates are tough to beat - we are now getting a 4 to 5 mph gain from just a plate!

however if you ride in severe rough conditions then the 2 most popular rideplates (Riva and R&D, either modified or stock) are actually pretty terrible compared to other better choices

I would classify more than 18 inches chop as severe

in the rough stuff a good set-up is the stock plate in combination with the XLT1200's 3 degree pump nozzle

other good rough water plates would be the R Pot carbon fiber plate or the Shred master plate

my personal preference is the Shred for rough water

hydrotoys has also did some extensive testing on this a couple years back and I am pretty sure his comments can still be found on his web site

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information