Rxtx 260 2010 issues

Hi guys, i bought a used 2010 rxtx 260 with 49 hrs on it.

Runs perfect but had already 2 check engine lights on.
    First one the dealer said it was something with the opas system but checked and nothing wrong with it.

Second time, after a regular ride, the check engine light and beep sounded, but then it turned off by itself and no longer has turned on again.

Kinda strange...

Sometimes when i ride the ski, the accelerator seems to limits the rpms… stop turn on the engine again and no problem…rare again...

Or other time when i break or start the engine..the ski seems to get stucked on neutral and wont go forward when i press the gas.

Once again, re insert the key and no problem.

Seems to me that the ecu or something that controls the ski is working at 100%..any ideas?

Last but not least..is there anyway to switch to mph? My ski shows kms per hour..

+1
    There were plenty of firmware updates since 2010. Best bet is to go to your local dealer and have the firmware updated and ask to switch the cluster to read mph

+1
    See if you have any updates via buds available.
    They are free...

OPAS system? There's no OPAS on a 2010 RXTX. As far as acceleration are you running it in Tour mode? It starts in Tour mode and you can switch to Sport mode. It'll accelerate like a fire hydrant in Tour mode. In Sport mode it will accelerate like a cat set on fire.

+1
    Uh......you don't have OPAS and I think you are referring to the iBr braking system!

Everything you describe is braking issues, and Scott is correct there have been software updates to this system. Take the ski to a Seadoo dealership that knows WTF they are doing and get it fully checked out.

The ECU does limit rpms for all kinds of issues. You should be seeing 8040 rpm at around 68-69 mph on a un modified ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Uh......you don't have OPAS and I think you are referring to the iBr braking system!

Everything you describe is braking issues, and Scott is correct there have been software updates to this system. Take the ski to a Seadoo dealership that knows WTF they are doing and get it fully checked out.

The ECU does limit rpms for all kinds of issues. You should be seeing 8040 rpm at around 68-69 mph on a un modified ski.
    My guess is he meant OTAS.

+1
    you really do need the updates and remember THEY ARE FREE and make the dealer understands that also, also does it still have the original battery if so low voltage can make the ecu and ibr through some goofy codes

Hi, yes i meant OTAS, sorry..anyway, the funny thing is that the ski has run perfectly always..only as i mentioned a couple of times the accelerator won't slow to accelerate to full rpms..sport or touring mode

+1
    Bring it to the dealer yet?

+1

Rxtx 260 2010 issues

I was installing cruise control on my 2011 and figured to snap some pics of the OTAS pieces

The last pic is the magnet that clips into the steering column. Known for coming loose

FYI: latest buds version is 3.5.0
    Last edited by Scott; 02-24-2014 at 09:26 AM.

Thread Information