Thread: RXT 05 Rebuild

RXT 05 Rebuild

Hi im new to the jet ski hobby i recently bought a 05 rxt and broke one valve so once i opened the engine i decided to refresh everything i already bought pistons valves spring & retainers gaskets seals everything now im looking to buy the bearings for the crank & rods also the oil pumps kits so i should be going original or aftermarket if anyone can point me in the right direction id apreciated thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexisgb View Post
    Hi im new to the jet ski hobby i recently bought a 05 rxt and broke one valve so once i opened the engine i decided to refresh everything i already bought pistons valves spring & retainers gaskets seals everything now im looking to buy the bearings for the crank & rods also the oil pumps kits so i should be going original or aftermarket if anyone can point me in the right direction id apreciated thanks
    Open the engine up and look and measure all of the parts.Especially the Engine Oil pump in the rear cover. I have used SBT brgs and oil pump kits with no problems If you need to save money due to the age of the ski?? OE gaskets are the Only way to Go. all other gasket kits do not match the quality of OE gaskets. Also remember that if you had any type valve failure the other valves on the same cyl were opening and closing. So remove the Inner cooler and look for missing & flying parts in the intake hsg that will destroy your repair. Also make sure you understand the torque stretch method on the bolts it pertains to.. This is the Correct method for building this engine correctly. Also you will need to obtain or purchase a Engine line up tool to get it all back in with the drive line centered up. & it will need to be for a 4 tech type line up too
    Last edited by joe w; 02-09-2014 at 03:33 PM. Reason: updated

ps. you can download service manuals on that ski If needed. I would obtain a manual.

85 miles West of DFW South enterance 76462
    I concur follow the service manual exactly make sure you check gasket placement and other easy tasks since they usually don't deserve the same amount of attention as more complex task. It is suggested to take pics of disassembly and re-install steps and compare each 'before and after' often this will spot a problem faster than your memory. Finally make sure everything is clean even chasing threads and bolts, personally I apply anti-seize to threads unless they are stretched tension fasteners 'Never Reuse these' and don't forget to re-torque fasteners after 10 running hours. Good luck on your rebuild Ed

Thread Information