2008 RXP-X Exhaust - Best Solution

I have an 08 RXP-X that I bought NEW in 09. Just now sending my Supercharger to Jerry for the rebuild (only have 60 hours on the ski)
    While everything is out, I am considering doing a thru-hull exhaust. Questions:
    1. Do I have to buy the supercharger relocation kit ($580!! ouch)

2. If I buy the Riva Waterbox, do I still have to buy the thru - hull exhaust kit, or can I just buy the Outlet piece and connect it straight to the waterbox?

3. How big of a deal is replacing the waterbox? I stay on a lake, with neighbors, and it is okay if I get a little louder, but I dont want to be stupid loud.

I have been reading through the old threads from 2009-2010 but would like some advice from those of you that have been through the modifications already.

I put on a 4" Fizzle, Work Grate, 15/22 prop, OPAS block offs, Reverse bucket mod, pump wedge, homeade catch can, and filled the holes in the ride plate the first week I bought it.

Other than oil changes and spark plugs, and a new battery I haven't touched it since.

I would like to remove the baffle, and do a thru hull setup. I am debating on relocating the intercooler and cleaning up the hose routing through that mod.

+1
    Look at tdr performance best sounding out on the market but it is loud.

Banned User
    +1
    You do not need to relocate the IC to gain performance....and you can keep the OEM resonator in...

Just gut the OEM waterbox...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72495

Can be done easily by yourself (if you are handy), and welded back together cheaply by a local welder...

If you want to do a Riva waterbox, then you will need to buy an outlet from them (they should have a combo deal, ARE YOU LISTENING RIVA!!!)...No need to relocate the IC, and you gain access to the SC without having to remove push back the midpipe/waterbox....

+1
    Do you wan to go faster? Or just make the ski louder and change the sound?

I would like to go faster, clean up the hull,would like to sound better, not necessarily a lot louder

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by grantmt View Post
    I would like to go faster, clean up the hull,would like to sound better, not necessarily a lot louder
    The TDR box is loud as "F" I am sure everyone on the lake will hate it.

Its going to cost you to "clean up the hull". You could gut the stock box, buy a rear exhaust outlet and plug, and make a hose or pipe. Buy a longer piece of 4" hose and push waterbox back a couple inches.

The I/C maybe just go with a Fizzle H.E. kit and sell your OEM I/C, if its still good. You could relocate the OEM I/C, but there are some problems doing that. The outlet angles, the I/C is not self draining anymore and will go bad, can't find/buy an OEM replacement, not sure if there are anymore kits to do it anyway. You may have to DIY the whole thing.

You can get an 08 RXPX over 80 on stock exhaust. Reflash, RRFPR, 83mm RXP nozzle, injectors, AFR monitoring, some prop work, ET137+4.

Notice you are running a Worx grate better be careful with that starting at about 76-78 mph. They tend to stuff. R&D is the one for safer operation in high 70's.

If the charger is out, do the ET wheel and injectors and leave the exhaust alone. It will be fast.

Banned User
    +1
    More air in (4"), means more boost made, means more air OUT......Trust me, gut the waterbox and you will gain power. And it will not be any louder than it already is because the OEM resonator is still in there

Thread Information