Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar

Angry OH MY %[email protected]

well. I've mostly finished my mods. Today I planned to put my impeller on, grind my pump for the new FF plate and reinstall everything. I ran into a huge problem and I need some advice.

I removed the stock grate... and noticed my pump inlet was a little loose.
    3 out of 4 of my bolts had broken out of the hull and i was able to remove it unscrewing only one bolt. (i've had no problems until now so i knew something had to go wrong)

I haven't run my ski too hard, have hit some huge waves(river boat wake) but nothing that I think would hurt it. I'm not sure why this would happen after only 25 hours!

What is my next step? will my dealer fix it? It is a 2003 gp1300r, 25hours i purchased it last spring with only 2.5 hours on it. I will fix it if I have to pay my dealer. should I continue removing the pump and see where I get?? sorry, i dont have my camera on me but i can get pix by the weekend. I want to finish my mods but dont want to mess it up more

HELP!!!!

Ben

+1
    i bought a 2003 used and it had the same problem so i returned it and buoght new but i ahve heard dealers sometimes will do it under warranty and other times they wont. I think they have realized that their is a problem. R&D and Riva both make replacement hull nuts that are connected. to prevent spinning

http://www.rd-performance.com/catalo...s/Girdle%20Kit
    thats a link to the page that has them

im not sure about how to fix it but i know it is a problema nd their are ways to fix it.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Hello Ben, There was a recall on that the dealer has to fix it for free.

Jim- I was thinking i had read somethin on this before but I'm concerned, got them on the phone right now-(i'm on hold of course!) was gonna call ya but i know how busy you are down there.

Thanks both for quick response... will update soon.

just frustrated I guess.... shoulda sealed it when i got it but I didn't even know of this site until that time....

Ben

+1
    If you do take it in for repairs, consider that they may have it for an awful long time because it is the time of year that everyone wants their stuff fixed right now!

With a little help from your friends on the net, and with basic mechanical skills, you could do it yourself. The first thing to do is order the parts.

Look at this as an oportunity to set the boat up right the first time yourself.

SATLY-

I see that opportunity, and I do have good mechanical skills. I am confindent in my ablilties to do it myself... I've got about a month until I'm able to get on the water, so if its less than 4 weeks I'll have them do it. the way I see it... It is money out of my pocket if I have to purchase things to repair it, and money out of my pocket for the time I spend working on it. I could flip the ski but I just got finished w/ about 20 hrs of work on the motor and I'd hate to tear it down again. I called the dealer and he's going to call me back tomorrow with info on it.... jim seems pretty sure I'll get it done for free-- but who knows how long it might take

Ben

Thread Information