Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Am I being reasonable?

Is it reasonable to think I could get in to a decent non-supercharged SeaDoo or Yamaha 4-stroke for under 4k? NADA says it should be. Boat/PWCTrader, Ebay, and craigslist say it's unlikely unless it's roached or a ton of hours. Most of what I see out there are a good grand over avg NADA or 500+hr ex-rentals. Are people actually getting those prices or is there really 25% worth of negotiating room?

+1
    Depends on where your located...

NE Florida

+1
    Sometimes NADA is really low on prices, compare KBB prices.
    Also the time of year makes some difference, especially for private party people that are very serious about selling a PWC at reasonable prices.
    The wrong time of the season- you could only see over priced PWC.

Thanks guys. Heh, I didn't even know KBB did boats. I thought they were autos only. On the other hand, KBB is coming in even lower than NADA.

2006 VX110 Deluxe-
    KBB Trade In: 2720
    NADA Low Retail: 3750

KBB Retail: 3970
    NADA Avg Retail: 4020

CL has two listing for $4500 and some rentals and beaters in the ranges. PWC Trader though, they're 5500-6k for 2005s. I thought KBB retail/NADA Avg was supposed to be what average used retailers were selling for? When I bought my boat the guy was asking mid-NADA. I offered low and got it. I asked low NADA for my boat and sold it quickly just under NADA. PWCs seem to be on the higher ends though. Not trying to whine about it or anything... just setting the correct expectations for my budget.

totally reasonable, but dont forget taxes and registration fees as well

+1
    Actually in U.S. it is a good time to buy .... not good time to sell. Most skis if low hours and in great shape that are listed for sale now are already priced to move. However, offer a small amount of room to bargain somewhat. What will happen soon (Late March-April) the ask/list price will start to edge up as weather starts to turn. Good Luck P.S. , remember the replacement cost for obtaining another ski ... when the one you have sold goes up considerably ... I do not hold firm when comparing BOOK prices. Market location is the key .... do to the fact that if it is Salt Vs Fresh water use ... the ski's value can really be effected.

+1
    Don't be afraid to offer low. Some sellers are dreaming when they post there skis for sale...

^ yeah especially those goofy yamaha owners

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMikey View Post
    Thanks guys. Heh, I didn't even know KBB did boats. I thought they were autos only. On the other hand, KBB is coming in even lower than NADA.

2006 VX110 Deluxe-
    KBB Trade In: 2720
    NADA Low Retail: 3750

KBB Retail: 3970
    NADA Avg Retail: 4020

CL has two listing for $4500 and some rentals and beaters in the ranges. PWC Trader though, they're 5500-6k for 2005s. I thought KBB retail/NADA Avg was supposed to be what average used retailers were selling for? When I bought my boat the guy was asking mid-NADA. I offered low and got it. I asked low NADA for my boat and sold it quickly just under NADA. PWCs seem to be on the higher ends though. Not trying to whine about it or anything... just setting the correct expectations for my budget.
    LOl... I would have guessed NADA (National Automobile Dealers Association ) is only for cars. I know they do not value Polaris for more than parts value- I've bought a couple cheap, assuming the seller looked it up on NADA.

Yes- retail should be what a dealer is asking (serviced and ready to go )
    I know when it comes to cars, private party is lower - they expect it needing an oil change/maintenance-possibly tires/brakes-full detail.
    I think they assume the dealer did a full inspection/service. Trade in is what a dealer should pay You in average condition .

Here in Illinois , most PWC for sale during the winter are overpriced / left over from summer posts or the seller does not want you to test ride it. I think a used dealer would give a better price to get it off their lot during the winter.

Keep looking- the right deal will come along soon enough.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information