Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sunrise, Fl
    Posts
    23

    Jet ski beach in South Florida?

    Looking for a beach or decent shore line in South Florida (Dade or Broward counties) where I can take my family and be able to pull up in my Seadoo. Anyone aware of such a thing?


  2. #2
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by motora33 View Post
    Looking for a beach or decent shore line in South Florida (Dade or Broward counties) where I can take my family and be able to pull up in my Seadoo. Anyone aware of such a thing?
    First of all welcome.

    Im in sunrise also. Have you been to john u llyod state park? As far as pulling up on the beach its not allowed here in south florida. But at john u llyod there is a place where you can pull around the back and they have a dinner and you can bbq on the beach. You can go out of the intercoastal and then come back in and hang out with the family or they can watch you from the back if you have have google earth check it out.


    Where do you you ride now?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sunrise, Fl
    Posts
    23
    Thanks for Welcome, Adambomb,

    I've actually had skis for a long time and have done the John Lloyd before, but I find the iddle trip out the IC and around the inlet a pain. I used to do the Howard Johnson (HoJo) beach north of Commercial back in the days when it was legal, but as you know that's not possible anymore. The only option I can think of is Key Biscayne, but it gets so crowded on weekends I'm not sure I want the family to have to deal with the mob.
    Maybe I'll have to head over to the west coast.....Naples, Marco Island...

  4. #4
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by motora33 View Post
    Thanks for Welcome, Adambomb,

    I've actually had skis for a long time and have done the John Lloyd before, but I find the iddle trip out the IC and around the inlet a pain. I used to do the Howard Johnson (HoJo) beach north of Commercial back in the days when it was legal, but as you know that's not possible anymore. The only option I can think of is Key Biscayne, but it gets so crowded on weekends I'm not sure I want the family to have to deal with the mob.
    Maybe I'll have to head over to the west coast.....Naples, Marco Island...
    Well there is a little spot of of hilsburo inlet that i think they could hang out and you could ride

    I go out of 14th st and head north. on the intercoastal then there is a spot right before you head out of the intercoastal i have seen people hangin out there and kids. We go jumping out there and come back in for a breather sometimes. Do you know what im talking about also. Maybe next to the light house there is a place to park for them and go out on the beach to meet you.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sunrise, Fl
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    First of all welcome.

    Where do you you ride now?
    I mainly ride Key Biscayne, Peanut Island, and Isla Morada. I like the Naples-Marco Island area, but don't get to do it as often now that I'm not a single guy.

    How about yourself?

  6. #6
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by motora33 View Post
    I mainly ride Key Biscayne, Peanut Island, and Isla Morada. I like the Naples-Marco Island area, but don't get to do it as often now that I'm not a single guy.

    How about yourself?
    I ride 14th st, john u lloyd . c14 sometimes really whereever i have never been down to miami yet or naples i would like too also would like to go to pennycamp. I see you work for bmw which one?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sunrise, Fl
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    I ride 14th st, john u lloyd . c14 sometimes really whereever i have never been down to miami yet or naples i would like too also would like to go to pennycamp. I see you work for bmw which one?
    Lauderdale BMW of Pembroke Pines, out by Movico.

  8. #8
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by motora33 View Post
    Lauderdale BMW of Pembroke Pines, out by Movico.
    Cool i have a buddy that is a mechanic there. His name is Jimmy. Im sure you know him hes been there forever . Let me know if you find any more places to ride around here .

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sunrise, Fl
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    Cool i have a buddy that is a mechanic there. His name is Jimmy. Im sure you know him hes been there forever . Let me know if you find any more places to ride around here .
    Thanks, you do the same.

  10. #10
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1
    Down in Miami I go to Flagler Memorial Island. Really nice place to ride and go with the fam. You get down on the ramp close to Alton Rd. then head out about 3-4 minutes to the island which is just next to Star Island in South beach.

    Hit me up with a pm, i usually head out there on Sundays.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rent PWC in South Florida?
    By MiamiDave in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 08:05 AM
  2. SOLD F/S: 2003 Sea Doo XP-DI - in South Florida - 03 XPDI
    By rliberto in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 03:35 PM
  3. Good Shop in South Florida
    By Minx20 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 10:51 PM
  4. Anyone in south florida want to go riding
    By ADAMBOMB in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 09:54 AM
  5. Anyone riding in South Florida tomorrow?
    By jack in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •