First Mods Advice: vxr r&d performer kit

Ok so I'm looking into installing my first mods on my vxr. Just trying to figure out exactly what I want. I was looking at the r&d performer kit:

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1716

The price is about the max I'm looking to pay as the full stage 1 is just too expensive for me at this point.

My plan would be to take it to my local dealership to install. I know I can do it myself but would rather have professionals do it. My dealer did say stage 1 bolt on mods are fine and will not void warranty. Not sure if I have to have them install the parts too for that, will have to talk to them more.

I did have someone else recommend riva but did not see a riva performer kit or a stage 1 for that matter on the 4 tecperformance website. I did see a stage 1 riva lot on Yamahas site but it was way out of my price range and was wondering if they make a cheaper performer kit like r&d.

What do you guys recommend? Open to any suggestions! Thanks!

Thanks Jack, probably gonna go with the first 3 then as that will be about what my budget is.

Brian, you may want to consider saving yourself some money, and leaving it stock. The above mods will result in a marginal at best top speed gain. The power filter will also decrease ypur front storage, and markedly increase the likelihood of water ingestion into the engine if you bury the nose.

A ride plate is something to consider. Also if several people have reported improvements in midrange acceleration with the flame arrester delete. Some also report a small increase in top speed with this mod, but that is questionable.

What are you trying to achieve with your mods? If it is to make the ski faster, the parts you listed will do little to nothing except make your ski louder, more prone to water ingestion, and your wallet lighter. Just MHO.

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by dukenyc View Post
    Brian, you may want to consider saving yourself some money, and leaving it stock. The above mods will result in a marginal at best top speed gain. The power filter will also decrease ypur front storage, and markedly increase the likelihood of water ingestion into the engine if you bury the nose.

A ride plate is something to consider. Also if several people have reported improvements in midrange acceleration with the flame arrester delete. Some also report a small increase in top speed with this mod, but that is questionable.

What are you trying to achieve with your mods? If it is to make the ski faster, the parts you listed will do little to nothing except make your ski louder, more prone to water ingestion, and your wallet lighter. Just MHO.
    I'm just trying to increase overall performance and if I get some more speed along the way then that's great. I'm looking at the intake grate mod and ribbon delete. Then I'm looking into a prop repitch.

7. +1 by:

+1
    The ribbon delete will result in prop cavitation so research some threads about pitches...common is a skat 13/16 until u do more mods

Thread Information