+1

Having trouble writing new keys

Working on an 06 GTX and I dont have a key. I use SBT scanner tool which I believe is very similar to the CanDoo. I've written plenty of keys in the past so I know how to do it and the problem I'm having is only with this one machine. If I erase the current keys and program the new one, I write the info to the ECU. If I unplug the key and plug it right back it, I get 2 beeps ski starts. If I unplug the key for 30 sec and plug it back in I get 1 long beep ski doesnt start. I read the ECU and the new key is gone and the old keys are back. Same thing for resetting the service timer. Only settings that I can change and stay changed are trim, depth finder stuff like that because they are stored in the MPEM.
    I changed the MPEM and ECU and checked numerous connections with an ohm meter.
    Im stumped

+1
    Sounds like your tool isn't working.

+1
    it works on other skis. and as long as I leave the key plugged in the info stays. I can even unplug the key as many times as I want as long as its not more than 5 seconds or so. once I leave it unplugged for 20 to 30 seconds, the new key is deleted and the service timer go goes back to 44 hours like it was. Im about to change the harness. not sure how that could be the problem but its the only thing I didnt swap out.

Maybe its because its 10 degrees outside thats got to be the problem lol

+1
    Could be a bad key not holding the info.
    Try a different key.

+1
    I tried a few keys also
    just changed the harness and was able to get the info saved on the second ecu only so I'm going with definitely needs an ECU and a maybe on the harness

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Working on an 06 GTX and I dont have a key. I use SBT scanner tool which I believe is very similar to the CanDoo. I've written plenty of keys in the past so I know how to do it and the problem I'm having is only with this one machine. If I erase the current keys and program the new one, I write the info to the ECU. If I unplug the key and plug it right back it, I get 2 beeps ski starts. If I unplug the key for 30 sec and plug it back in I get 1 long beep ski doesnt start. I read the ECU and the new key is gone and the old keys are back. Same thing for resetting the service timer. Only settings that I can change and stay changed are trim, depth finder stuff like that because they are stored in the MPEM.
    I changed the MPEM and ECU and checked numerous connections with an ohm meter.
    Im stumped
    I'm on the edge of buying on of those SBT scan tools... how do you like it?
    Sounds like this glitch is possibly related to that ski, how has it worked on other skis?

Thread Information