+1

The Gilded Missile: 2014 Kawasaki Ultra 310LX JetSki

Arguably, there are fewer skis more striking in design than the Ultra JetSki, even after seven years since its initial introduction.

Even now, four months after my first foray with the 2014 Kawasaki Ultra 310LX, I’m not sure where I stand. Albeit a short dalliance with the fully-equipped JetSki, my brief time spent with the machine left an indelible impression on my mind. Even my second time with it two weeks ago, which provided me significantly more seat time, still has me torn.

The new Kawasaki retails for well over $18,000, and the type of customers who typically purchase a personal watercraft within this price range trend in their sixties. They’re often retired and looking for safe, stable and comfortable excitement, all the while still maintaining a glimmer of the good spirited fun that has kept them young all of these years. They are the cool parents (or grandparents, depending on your age) you wish you had.

Now, don’t misunderstand my tone. The plush Ultra by no means falls short. But it does make one question what makes for a luxury personal watercraft.

Click to Read More...

+1
    And they say it accelerates stronger than the 300x and with the new improved Intake Manifold , oil jets,water jackets and upgrade of water hoses ,this is something I or someone new to this ski has to try..

But I'm sure it has the same warning label as the 300...

*WARNING*
    IF THE ACCELERATION OF THE ULTRA 300 CAUSES AN ERECTION LASTING MORE THAN 4 HOURS PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN..

+1
    Dave .... LMAO

4. +1 by:

+1
    Question - is the in-dash GPS mount adjustable or committed to the '76 series?

+1
    Unfortunately, to my understanding the GPS mount is tailored specifically for the Garmin 76 Series.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Unfortunately, to my understanding the GPS mount is tailored specifically for the Garmin 76 Series.
    That's plain silly - that new of a model equipped for a discontinued unit. This may be an example of how long it takes an idea to make it out on the shelf, available to the end user. I like the idea of a GPS mount, but it seems to me some type of generic, adjustable port would be the way to go.

+1
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its also the single-most common Garmin GPS, right?

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Many use a 76 as far as I know. I am sure a 78 could easily fit and anything close to a 76/78 could be made to work.
    It stays in there too. Have gone off some whoppers and buried the ski and it stayed put.
    I do not think a generic adjustable deal would work as space is limited. Plus the new model it shares this space, (bar pad area) with the controller for Jetsound.

+1
    I'm not doubting the 76 popularity, but it is a discontinued series... And if the Kawi mount is anything like Garmin's glove box lid (which was also married to the 76) NOTHING else will fit - not even the 78. You snap a 76 into the SD lid, it's not coming out - you'd have to lose the lid. I'm sure the Kawi's is just as good, but the 76 and 78 will def not share the same space.

And I was thinking, generic/adjustable for the hand-held realm. Not all encompassing. Likely a few millimeters of space in either direction. But that's a project for another model...

I guess I found the combination strange: The 76 was discontinued over a year ago, but this is Kawi's 2014 model...

Overall though, it looks like Kawi has kept the cruiser/long-range rec rider in mind, and I like what I see.

Thread Information