Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Ultra 260 Reliability

    I am looking at selling my 2011 VXR and buying another Ultra. I had a 250 that I put 150 trouble free hours on it and sold it. (still regret it) My questions is this I have found a very nice used 2009 Ultra 260 with 85 hours. Owner has taken great care of the machine and had supercharger fogged each year. What do I need to look for if I take a look at it? He is asking $8500 with a trailer. Or my other option would be a 2012 or 2013 left over 300x and buy a discounted brand new unit. Let your expert opinions be heard!


  2. #2
    went to a 300x....Is it a 2013 New Unit with 0 Hours on it... What is the Price for it ?

  3. #3
    Best quotes thus far:
    2012 Ultra 300x $11,675.00 out the door
    2013 Ultra 300x $12,900.00 out the door

    Both are brand new.

    Is there any negatives for a ski that has been in the crate that long?

  4. #4
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    300x for sure..

    All it would take is 1 repair on a 260 in that price range and your at the cost of a brand new 300...

    Get the max warranty and rip on!!!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    300x for sure..

    All it would take is 1 repair on a 260 in that price range and your at the cost of a brand new 300...

    Get the max warranty and rip on!!!
    I agree I like the 2012 option with an extended warranty. I just worry about the machine sitting that long, but maybe there are no consequences with that.

  6. #6
    Moderator #985 lasportsmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pierre Part, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,780
    +1
    358
    While the 260 was a big improvement over the 250 the advancements to the 300 make this a no brainier. Just as wot stated get the 300 and the GTPP from Kawi and ride on.

  7. #7
    Spooling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    West Coast of Florida
    Posts
    1,283
    +1
    177
    Before you "put the ink" to that blank check - I recommend you read what this guy managed to negotiate for a left-over Kawasaki Ultra-300x with new Trailer, Tax, Tag, Title, Warranty....

    Best Deal I have heard of - ever:

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2319917

    Good Luck !!!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    Before you "put the ink" to that blank check - I recommend you read what this guy managed to negotiate for a left-over Kawasaki Ultra-300x with new Trailer, Tax, Tag, Title, Warranty....

    Best Deal I have heard of - ever:

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2319917

    Good Luck !!!
    Thank you for link!! I am talking to the dealer now!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by YamaBear View Post
    Is there any negatives for a ski that has been in the crate that long?
    Mechanically - Nothing, Nada, Nicht, Zero, Zip.
    Even the battery should still have separate unopened acid pack in a box.

    Cosmetically - look for sign of paint damage especially on the hood which comes covered with a see-through protective film from factory and it gets permanently infused on to the hood if left sit for a long period of time in hot sun.

    Just like others say, you MUST go for the 300X.
    Not just more hp, but much more improvements overall, cyl head, exhaust, supercharger with builtin fogging port and automatic tensioner, etc.

  10. #10
    devils ride 250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    lehigh valley pa
    Posts
    775
    +1
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamaBear View Post
    Is there any negatives for a ski that has been in the crate that long?
    Mechanically - Nothing, Nada, Nicht, Zero, Zip.
    Even the battery should still have separate unopened acid pack in a box.

    Cosmetically - look for sign of paint damage especially on the hood which comes covered with a see-through protective film from factory and it gets permanently infused on to the hood if left sit for a long period of time in hot sun.

    Just like others say, you MUST go for the 300X.
    Not just more hp, but much more improvements overall, cyl head, exhaust, supercharger with builtin fogging port and automatic tensioner, etc.
    spend the extra for the 300. I have a 250. My dad had a 260 and I now have ridden a 300. Wow. Plus that's a little pricey. Are u located in Pennsylvania? I saw that exact deal on craigs list. Even if it's taken care of that's still a high price when compared to a new left over. If u can get it cheaper and don't wanna spend the extra then go for it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ULTRA 150 Reliability
    By ultra150JCT in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 09:11 PM
  2. Ultra 260 x
    By X RACE in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 05:32 PM
  3. Update category: Kawasaki Ultra 260 Performance
    By benjahw in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 06:32 PM
  4. New ultra 260 !?
    By Sammy-swed in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 06:50 AM
  5. Ultra 250x reliability Poll
    By SRTOutlaw in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 02:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •