Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'12-14 Seadoo RXP-X 260 Acceleration

Hello Seadoo Members,

I was wondering what is the 0-30mph time on RXPX 260 acceleration in Sport Mode?

Thanks

+1
    BRP's website should have that info????

Or boattest.com if you trust their info

+1
    I was just reading an article from http://www.boatingmag.com and they stated the 0-30 MPH time is 2 seconds in sport mode

+1
    I know when I was looking to get mine, sea doo and other sites listed it as 1.8 and now a couple years later they're saying 2.0. By the way, Yamaha is saying the new fzr svho goes 0-30 in 1.3

So you are saying that SVHO is faster than RXPX260 in holeshot? RXPX has 260HP and SVHO is only 252hp.. I trying to decide which ski to buy! I like the seadoo look! Do you have any problems or break downs on your? Are those cool tech stuff and iBR worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by RXPX12 View Post
    I know when I was looking to get mine, sea doo and other sites listed it as 1.8 and now a couple years later they're saying 2.0. By the way, Yamaha is saying the new fzr svho goes 0-30 in 1.3
    So you are saying that SVHO is faster than RXPX260 in holeshot? RXPX has 260HP and SVHO is only 252hp.. I trying to decide which ski to buy! I like the seadoo look! Do you have any problems or break downs on your? Are those cool tech stuff and iBR worth it?

+1
    Personally I don't think you'd regret buying either ski. The rxpx vs fzr is kind of like buying a mustang or camaro there's an endless debate about which one is better. The intercoolers on the rxpxs are junk so if you replace it with a quality aftermarket one and be mindful of the supercharger maintenance then you shouldn't have any trouble. I'm not familiar with yamahas so I can't give you much info on them so other guys can chime in. I like the features of the rxpx such as the ergolock, looks, and iBR- it's nice to know you have "brakes" when going fast. But keep in mind, the more features you have, the more things can break or malfunction.

8. +1 by:

Okay, than I will do more research and decided in spring what to buy! Which intercooler should I replace it? I heard that 08 RXPX255 intercoolers are the best!

Quote Originally Posted by RXPX12 View Post
    Personally I don't think you'd regret buying either ski. The rxpx vs fzr is kind of like buying a mustang or camaro there's an endless debate about which one is better. The intercoolers on the rxpxs are junk so if you replace it with a quality aftermarket one and be mindful of the supercharger maintenance then you shouldn't have any trouble. I'm not familiar with yamahas so I can't give you much info on them so other guys can chime in. I like the features of the rxpx such as the ergolock, looks, and iBR- it's nice to know you have "brakes" when going fast. But keep in mind, the more features you have, the more things can break or malfunction.

+1
    Yes, the new SVHO is faster on the bottom end than a RXPX 260. Dont get hung up on the #'s.... Its the way that Kawi and BRP rate their HP. They use a different formula than Yami. Yami's method is much more a true HP number. If you were to do a dyno on a RXPX it would be somewhere around 230 to 240.

I love my IBR and have had no issues with it, but if your just going to go wide open and never turn, then get a FZ. The FZ in my opinion doesnt handle the rough water very well, the PX is much more of a rough water hull.

+1
    Follow this post also. There's a lot to consider.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211909

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information