Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2014 FZR vs 2014 RXPX

Has anyone had any seat time on both?
    I have been pretty set on picking up a new RXPX in the next couple of months ,but now I see Yamaha has upgraded the Yamaha's with the SVHO.

Maybe I should reconsider the Doo ,but to me it has the best looks , but I know it will likely be higher maintenance.

+1
    Just get the max warranty on whatever ski you get and maintain it properly.... and wot for as long as you want then sell it with some warranty remaining...just my .02

Both skis are bad ass!!!!

+1
    This is a tough question because the performance of these two hulls are entirely different. I have owned a '12 RXP-X and a '12 FZR and the feel, ride, and handling are entirely different between them. The SVHO has more power than the SHO but this won't change the feel of the hull. The RXP is a fantastic boat for turning and rough water use. The FZ hull just wants to go fast in a straight line on smooth water and get there in a hurry. These are slightly exaggerated descriptions but if you have a fair amount of experience you will notice the difference.

+1
    If you plan on modding for speed the FZR is unbeatable. If you want a cornering machine that rides great go for the P-X. If you want untouchable comfort and don't plan on modding much grab a suspension ski.

If P-X get a 2013 NOS and save yourself a lot of $$ and end up with the same warranty

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Just get the max warranty on whatever ski you get and maintain it properly.... and wot for as long as you want then sell it with some warranty remaining...just my .02

Both skis are bad ass!!!!
    In Florida, the 'max warranty' on the Doo is a full year less than the Yamaha.
    4 years max for Doo vs. 5 years for Yamaha.

+1
    Wow...I'm impressed. He posted this on the Yami side and nobody has slammed the PX. Wonder what the response will be on the Seadoo side.

I have the 2013 PX and it is nothing different than the 2014. I have not been on the SVHO yet. I am a Yamaha lover so I'd point you to the FZ or FX depending upon your style as mentioned earlier. There are not many of them out there yet but I"m hoping to ride a SVHO soon.

I ride an SHO modded FZR and I've ridden my buddies SVHO FZR. There is no comparison. The response and handling on the svho is unreal. The ski is great in the ocean as well due to the sponsons and ride plate. I'll be testing out the svho next week with the flash and a few bolt ons, it's going to be a monster.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    I ride an SHO modded FZR and I've ridden my buddies SVHO FZR. There is no comparison. The response and handling on the svho is unreal. The ski is great in the ocean as well due to the sponsons and ride plate. I'll be testing out the svho next week with the flash and a few bolt ons, it's going to be a monster.
    What type of reflash are you going to go with r&d or vtec

He went with vtech

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    He went with vtech
    Good is going to be one fast svho

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information