4ABUZ'S 2013 Rxpx Build Up Thread

Recently picked up my 2013 RXPX absolutely wrapped with the machine as a total package.

Looking at building a reliable every weekend ski that my misses can ride and that we can take friends out on. Also cant rev to hard as we ride a fair bit in the chop. I'm about as green as it comes when it comes to modifying ski's so I have been trying to do a fair bit of reading and have been considering going the Riva Stage 2 kit to get rid of the stock limiters and increasing top speed performance a bit whilst maintaining reliability.

Any advice and or direction would be appreciated. Plans include the below so far

- Riva Stage 2 kit
    - Riva Gen 3 Power cooler kit (does this the 2013 on 4tecperformance is says it doesnt but on Riva online is says it does?)

Slightly worried about the Ski revving too hard when bouncing around in the chop...Feel free to shoot me down in flames and give me advice opinions. Anyone got any idea what kind of rev range I will be hitting with that set of mods

Cheers guys

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	323093
    Last edited by 4ABUZ; 02-14-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Also considering the Fizzle F1000 Intercooler kit if you have any thoughts on that one.

Well no replies so far but I will try and keep my comments all in one thread. Currently tossing up what intake grate to run.

Three options are. Let me know your opinions

- R&D Grate
    - Riva Grate
    - Worx Grate

+1
    The stage 2 kit is nice.. as far as revs in the chop thats all in how you feather on and off the throttle. When riding in chop rebuild your s/c every 2 years to try to prevent failure. Bearings n washers everytime.
    That s/c is taking a lot of abuse coming unhooked.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ABUZ View Post
    Well no replies so far but I will try and keep my comments all in one thread. Currently tossing up what intake grate to run.

Three options are. Let me know your opinions

- R&D Grate
    - Riva Grate
    - Worx Grate
    A few people have tried the R&D and they reported mixed results. They all pretty much said that it help with rough water hookup, but some said no top speed loss on smooth water and others reported losing top speed.
    I don't believe anyone has reported on the Riva or Worx yet.

Might give the Worx Grate a go and see how we go. Grates aren't all that expensive so if I don't like can always swap it for another.

+1
    If you don't plan on changing setups constantly you might be better of with V-tech flash than Athena ECU. That way you also retain ECO/ Sports mode and key functions. So you can leave it tamed down a bit if you plan on other people riding it as you stated. The T3 hull can bite hard if your not careful.

IC upgrade is a good way to go, improves performance and reliability.

Thread Information