Ultra 150 paint repair

Hi guys, need some advice/info on fixing some gouges and dock rash on my ski. I have already tried searching and I'm searched out. All I can find is info on how to wet sand and buff gel coat. Well the ultra isn't gel coat.....
    I have a brand new jar of color rite 639 sunbeam red ready to go. So I guess my question is where to start with the gouges? Is it pretty much the same process as what you would do with gel coat? Any tips/advice in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

+1
    I tried using the colorite with a brush. Don't do it you need to sand and spay the paint. I did my ultra first and then my old 900 I sprayed and could feather it looked way better also use marine tex to fill the gouges. scrape all the loose stuff out first and then sand and clean then shoot your paint. Make sure it is at least 60 degrees and everything is the same temp.. This matters I used a duplicolor clear coat in a can to finish

Gekomon thanks.... Looking like what I'm going to do. I tried the brush, and yes ur exactly right. Didn't really work worth a crap, but the color is almost exact so that's a plus. Did you wet sand after clear coating or? Also how many coats of each if u don't mind my asking?

+1
    I only wet sand b4 after clearcoat u use light cut polishing compound for that look as far as coats it is all about time and what makes u happy. I would do 3 of color and 2 clear but it all depends don't try to fill with paint and use marine tex..it sticks to everything and sands very well after a good set I have used it for a lot of things very hard and tough Good luck like to see some b4 & after pics

Ultra 150 paint repair

Awesome! Thanks for the advice.... Looks like I'm gonna grab some marine tex and get going.... Gonna have to pay another $30 bucks to order an aerosol can from colorrite 😕..... I'll post some before and after pics once I get going.... It may be awhile before I get started, it's cold here in the Midwest and paint doesn't like to stick when it's freezing out lol.... Hard to get the shop over 65 degrees when it's this cold

Thread Information