Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SBT 61880 ? sticker on my motor, what is it?

Hello all,

New poster to the forums, but i've been around as a reader for awhile.

I recently picked up a 2000 GTX RFI, and just noticed the other day while cleaning it out a SBT 61880 sticker on my motor. I tried to check the SBT site to see what it was but was unable to locate that #.

Is this a rebuild motor?

thanks in advance.

+1
    Yep its a SBT motor and that is the serial number. If you call them and give them that number they should be able to tell you when it was built and if your in luck it might have some warranty left. Don't start freaking out because it is a sbt. Myself and my buddies I ride with have had several sbt 2 strokes and beat the piss out of them. Haven't had one scatter yet due to a failure on sbt's part. That is just myself and my riding groups experience with them. You will get the exact opposite opinion on them here sooner or later. I'm not hear to be a sbt fan boy and deny the other side of the debate. That is just my personal experience. My opinion is keep it fueled, oiled, free of water intrusion, and ride your ski like you stole it.

Thought so,

Ya I have read stories from both sides of the SBT love/hate world. I'm not worried.

I plan on using it mainly for fishing so it's not gona live much of a full throttle life. It is after all a RFI, so I can't do any mods. Except for the pump and at that cost I'd just assume pick up another one for playing.

+1
    Yep just ride it and keep your hand off the throttle when trying to start it. When I had mine everybody would try to pump the throttle while starting. I was always like "put your right hand behind your back and then start it LOL

Yep.

I got lucky with this one, picked it up cheap and she fires right up and purrs.
    My rfi is soo much quieter than my buddies 97gtx carby

+1
    Yeah the rfi has extra resonators to make it quiet. My buddy had a 97 GTX and we called it the green meanie! All bark and no bite lol!

61880 is a remanufactured 787 RFI engine that was sold to a company in CA on 7/11/06 and the warranty expired on 7/11/07.

Thanks Jeremy SBT
    Last edited by jdcash12; 02-18-2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: added info

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcash12 View Post
    61880 is a remanufactured 787 RFI engine that was sold to a company in CA on 7/11/06 and the warranty expired on 7/11/07.

Thanks Jeremy SBT
    Based on that info, the SBT motor has lived as long or longer than the original...

10. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by wkuadam07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcash12 View Post

Thanks Jeremy SBT
    Based on that info, the SBT motor has lived as long or longer than the original...
    LOL That wouldn't be the first time... Thanks for the update.

Well no one can bash on SBT this time. Id say that's some damn good reliability out of that motor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information