Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2014 Dealer Pricing

I'm looking to buy a new GTI Limited 155 at my house in N. Idaho. It seems that there is only one dealer in the entire area and they charge List Price only....no discounts unless it comes from Seadoo. They will not even throw in the normal oil changes, etc. If you want to buy, you have no other choice and they know it. This includes trailers. The closest other dealer is around 100 miles away and they won't talk outside their area. I rarely pay list price for anything, but it seems the dealer has a lock on the market for all of N. Idaho and E. Washington. List price for everything else is always inflated, with the assumption each dealer has a little room to negotiate. Maybe Seadoo's are different and everyone pays full list. I'm not looking to steal the new machine, but it hurts to pay full price when others are getting at least something off. Anyway, the buying experience is a real turnoff with no room to work together. Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but it seems I either pay full load or don't buy. I understand that is a choice I can make. Is this an issue only in this area?

+1
    You've picked a great ski. Now dooo some searching for another dealership. Google search. Call a few others and compare. I know of some dealers here that have left overs at big discounts over the 14 models.

3. +1 by:

This is the only dealer within a hundred miles, as a dealer search indicates. The Seadoo dealer lookup for North Idaho shows one dealer and one shop that sells parts...that's it for E. Washington and N. Idaho. There used to be a dealer in Spokane, but they shut down, leaving only the one in CdA. The next closest is towards Seattle and they also have a lock on their market from a geography standpoint. The Pacific Northwest is not a hot spot for Seadoo dealers and they are few and far between. They focus on their LARGE geographical position and none are willing to go beyond their "borders". Again, I'm not looking for a huge discount, but the scarcity of dealers creates a "take it or leave it" relationship with no choices, which is not something that builds strong loyalty for sure.

+1
    Make some travel arrangements and find another dealer even if it's further away. You might still end up saving money. Or at least feel better knowing the dealer didn't rip you off.

Maybe a trip over to Seattle would be reasonable. I assume that the warranty is not affected when buying out of the area. I am really not trying to be a jerk about this, but when paying $12,099 (list price) for the Seadoo and $1299 (list price) for the trailer, which is what they quoted me, I would at least like a thank you... Anyway, enough of that. I'm going to expand my search. The main thing is that I wanted to make sure that a little discount and negotiation was not out of the ordinary when buying a new Seadoo. Thanks.

+1
    Holy crap. 12k for a gti...

I saw a 2013 gti 155 here in florida on craigslist for 6900. It has 35hrs.

+1
    Travel or go for the leftovers! I just took quotes from all over the country to my dealer and acted like the drive wouldn't bother me, the went from $9800 to $8199- and the trailer was $799- I got the 4 year best service contract for free, and financing extensions....Hey it's worth it to shop. Good luck.

I got the GTI SE 130 ----2013 New

9. +1 by:

Just a quick update on my progress. I contacted some other dealers outside the area and got very good responses...very willing to discuss both 2013's (only two in the entire area) and 2014's. Ended up buying a new 2014 GTI Limited 155 with delivery scheduled for May. I received good discounts on the both the trailer and 155, with agreement that whatever factory incentives are available in May will also be included. Interestingly, the dealer I purchased from said that a lot of Seadoos they sell are in the area I live. Apparently others are also not pleased with the "take it or leave it" attitude of the shop here either. Anyway, done deal and I appreciated all the responses.

+1
    I actually had the same problem here in south Louisiana. The local guys wouldn't come off of MSRP. The guy about 70 miles away was all like, "Dude! I moved 20 units last week; I don't need to give a discount." And the guy 50 miles away couldn't come close to the deal I got in North Carolina. Lucky for me I drive an 18-wheeler and was in that area!

+1
    The dealer in Priest Lake gave me a take it or leave it and made it clear he wouldn't haggle..... over anything. Dealer in Post Falls and CDA were more flexible and a whole lot more friendly. Folks in Oregon were the best of the bunch, though. I was willing to travel. Ended up buying a couple Kawasaki's but spent a bit of time shopping for the right deal on a Sea Doo. Couldn't pass on the 300x.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information