GPR Case bolt broken

Hi all,

I was assembling my 1390 cases and I sheared off one of the small bolts trying to reach 19ftlb. Split the cases back apart, cleaned off the sealant, removed the broken bolt with an extractor, I couldn't get the red loctite off the bearings very well.

I reassembled and it happened again, one small bolt in the middle on the other side. Did some more research, I was reading the manual wrong, they are 8ftlb. Damn.

anyway, I'm getting fed up, I'm not going to go through all this again unless absolutely necessary, as now there will be more loctite and I don't want to damage the seal.

Question being, has anyone run a case with a small bolt missing (I guess undertorqued would be the same)? I'm tempted to roll on along with the build. So pissed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberd42 View Post
    Hi all,

I was assembling my 1390 cases and I sheared off one of the small bolts trying to reach 19ftlb. Split the cases back apart, cleaned off the sealant, removed the broken bolt with an extractor, I couldn't get the red loctite off the bearings very well.

I reassembled and it happened again, one small bolt in the middle on the other side. Did some more research, I was reading the manual wrong, they are 8ftlb. Damn.

anyway, I'm getting fed up, I'm not going to go through all this again unless absolutely necessary, as now there will be more loctite and I don't want to damage the seal.

Question being, has anyone run a case with a small bolt missing (I guess undertorqued would be the same)? I'm tempted to roll on along with the build. So pissed.
    as long as the M8 bolts are in there and torqued, you should be fine.

I torque the M8s to 25 ft lbs, and the M6s to 10 ft lbs

WFO, that's what I was thinking too. It looks sealed well. I'll pressure test it too. I just hate to tear it back down again.

Thread Information