Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Impros Impellers

Well as most of you know I have built a GPRX and because this is soo new there no standards for what props to run with what mods . I called Dave a Impros when I was getting close to completeing this project and told him what I built and what i was looking to achieve. I sent him a very used/abused concord prop that had been bent a couple of time by someone other than him. He told me He was going to re-do the prop and pitch it to a 13/19.5. It was at his shop on a Monday and I had it back on a Thursday (he's in Cali. I'm in Alabama). Well the prop was too small; this was not his fault there was really no way to know because none has really done this before aside for Hydrotoys. So I sent it back to him and he got it on Tuesday and guess what should up today ? Thats right a re-pitched 14/22 concord . I have got to tell you he is an awesome guy to deal with. Believe me anytime I need a prop or prop help this is where I am going thanks Dave

That's great to hear. I am just about to send mine in that direction.

+1
    i could have told you the 13/19 was way too small. the first thing most guys do/did with the 1200's was put a 13/19 on. and back when they were 1200's they only had 155 horsepower.not being cocky, so dont take it that way please. but look at the huge horsepower increase. i would run the kind of wheel the triple pipers are using, or even something a tad bigger. the trips and the doo motor might be just about even in the hp department so i would think it would be a close match in prop selection honestly, i think the 14/22 is gonna be too small.

+1
    Yeah Scott, why 13/19? That is what I'm running on the stock GPRXP. I would have thought you would have to START with a 21 or 22 and work around that area.

I see one or two more pitches in your future, either up or down.

SMW,
    remember we are REQUIRED to pull around 8000rpms with the RXP ENGINE. So it's not apples/apples to a stock gp12r or any other gpr engine, whose target RPM range was 7000rpms. We can not come down to 7700 even, or lots of speed is lost, and I'll assume due to the volume/pressure of the supercharger.

+1
    It might be to small but need to try something..... If some has a 14/24 concord I could borrow that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SUCKMYWAKE View Post
    i could have told you the 13/19 was way too small. the first thing most guys do/did with the 1200's was put a 13/19 on. and back when they were 1200's they only had 155 horsepower.not being cocky, so dont take it that way please. but look at the huge horsepower increase. i would run the kind of wheel the triple pipers are using, or even something a tad bigger. the trips and the doo motor might be just about even in the hp department so i would think it would be a close match in prop selection honestly, i think the 14/22 is gonna be too small.
    Depends on the tripple pipe your comparing too. The rxp engine its different in that has to spin up over 8100+ to get to peak power so it should require a slightly smaller prop than a good running tripple in my opinion. And the top running tripples are making way more power than 215hp.

+1
    I had a 16/24 and it was too big thats what Dave reccomended so I tried it. Oh well trying a 14/22 now would luv to have a 14/24 to try too

+1
    I think the 14/22 or even a 15/22 will be real close....then you'll probably up the power some more!

+1
    WHo me I would never do that

Maybe

+1
    i know i would take some heat. but what i was getting at is the 13/19 is perfect for a stock/slight mod 1200-1300 as far as rpms go. the rxp should spin that prop no problem, so much that it will be on the limiter. i think the 14/22 will be small,what i mean was i think it might go up to a 15/22 or so. thats what i was getting at. but this is a whole brand new animal and will take some trial and error to get it right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information