Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Water in muffler?

    I'm working on my 2012 RXT X 260 aS.

    I have just removed the bridge hose between the muffler (on the left) and the resonator (on the right) and notice deep water in the muffler.

    This doesn't feel right, especially as there is a factory sensor fitted into the muffler output shroud which is only a couple of inches above this standing water.

    Take a look at the video I just shot of it and let me know your thoughts.



  2. #2
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455
    Looks right to me. It is called a waterbox and will contain a decent amount of water

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    Ok, so that's normal. Thanks for that.

    Just one thing other thing, I understood that on these newer machines that the exhaust cooling was self draining after flushing. Clearly it isn't!

    I notice that after flushing, water flows back out of the flushing connector when I disconnect the hose, which it never used to do on older 4tec ski's I've owned.

    I also read that you should purge the water out with air for winterisation?? No need for RV antifreeze? (I did antifreeze just to be sure)

  5. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    The Exhaust manifold and IC lines will somewhat self drain, but its good practice to blow them out with air then fill with RV for winter storage...

    The waterbox will always be filled with water, as the box is NOT self draining unless you start the ski up and wrap the throttle a few times while it is on the trailer. Water will blow out with the exhaust. Even then some water will still collect back in the waterbox after time....

    That sensor, its a temp sensor. It can get wet. Its job is to make sure there is water flowing through the exhaust. If you get a HIGH TEMP warning, 99% chance that your cooling lines are clogged and water is not making it to the waterbox...

  6. #5
    Boost-A-Holic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,173
    +1
    94
    water in your water box??????NO WAY lol. Just crank it on and rev it a few times on the trailer when your done riding....it'll shoot most that excess water out the back!

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    water in your water box??????NO WAY lol. Just crank it on and rev it a few times on the trailer when your done riding....it'll shoot most that excess water out the back!
    Cheers!

  8. #7
    Pwgsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DFW- TX
    Posts
    1,196
    +1
    38
    You got some water in the hull too

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwgsx View Post
    You got some water in the hull too
    Yep and some of it is lime green!

    I have a leaking cooling hose I'm fixing and the other water is from a leaking battery lid seal. Will be fixed soon.

  10. +1 by:


  11. #9
    Boost-A-Holic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,173
    +1
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwgsx View Post
    You got some water in the hull too
    Yep and some of it is lime green!

    I have a leaking cooling hose I'm fixing and the other water is from a leaking battery lid seal. Will be fixed soon.
    im willing to bet your going to get the mod bug fairly soon.


    its ok we all have it....were still alive. Hella broke but still doin it!

  12. #10
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwgsx View Post
    You got some water in the hull too
    Yep and some of it is lime green!

    I have a leaking cooling hose I'm fixing and the other water is from a leaking battery lid seal. Will be fixed soon.
    im willing to bet your going to get the mod bug fairly soon.


    its ok we all have it....were still alive. Hella broke but still doin it!
    You ain't broke you have tons of toys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ...water in muffler...
    By dsabrgeorge in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 09:44 PM
  2. Alot of water in hull
    By Drake in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 07:42 PM
  3. RXP Alot of Water in the hull HELP
    By Drake in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 02:21 PM
  4. How much water in the hull is "normal"?
    By Pee2xUSee in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 07:18 PM
  5. RXP Water in Hull
    By jpwt62 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 10:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •