Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 RXP only turns over with spark plugs removed, not a hydro lock

Hey everyone,

my 2007 RXP has been sitting for almost 2 years and will not turn over with the spark plugs in (it ran when i stored it). I removed them and it turns over fine. i blew out the cylinders and i know it is not a hydro lock and there is plenty of juice to the battery (I even had a jump starter hooked to it). I also tried turning it over with with only one spark plug in and it wont turn. all 3 pistons are moving up and down with the plugs removed. does anyone have an idea? I don't know if it matters but the starter solenoid is also out so i had to jump it with a screwdriver to get it to turn over at all. Thanks in advance

+1
    Check your pto bearing, shaft, pump maybe it sitting bearing in the driveline is locked up

3. +1 by:

+1
    Jump starting a ski can very easily fry some electronics...

+1
    I've seen a few starters crap out from lack of use..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hey everyone,

my 2007 RXP has been sitting for almost 2 years and will not turn over with the spark plugs in (it ran when i stored it). I removed them and it turns over fine. i blew out the cylinders and i know it is not a hydro lock and there is plenty of juice to the battery (I even had a jump starter hooked to it). I also tried turning it over with with only one spark plug in and it wont turn. all 3 pistons are moving up and down with the plugs removed. does anyone have an idea? I don't know if it matters but the starter solenoid is also out so i had to jump it with a screwdriver to get it to turn over at all. Thanks in advance
    I bet all your problem is that your battery is extremely weak or you have a very weak starter, with the plugs out of the engine it can spin right over since there isn't any compression creating resistance, as soon as the plugs are in the engine it is creating compression and the weak starter or battery cannot overcome the resistance, first i would try a brand new battery if you haven't already, or if you have access to a portable jump box you can use that but don't try to jump start it off a car or truck, lots of damage can happen, i bet it will fire right up when you have enough electrical power

I just tried a new battery anyway and i am having the same problem. when the sparkplugs are in it sounds like the starter is hitting the flywheel and just stops hard like the engine is frozen which is why i tried removing the plugs to begin with. I will check the pto bearing, shaft and pump in the next few days this rxp has 127 hours of salt water use but it was always cleaned and flushed after every use. that being said i do see a little surface rust on the drive shaft coming out of the motor. Also I replaced the supercharger washers with the metal ones from this site somewhere around 40 and 60 hours I believe(I have it written down somewhere)

+1
    you in salt water pull that pump!!!

Check your starter . Rust could be jamming it up

+1
    You say you replaced the washers but did you replace the bearings in the s/c.
    If not then pull it and completely rebuild it with new washers n bearings...
    Original bearings in a 2007 s/c doo is asking for a major fubar...

I just pulled the pump and it is having the same problem. the pump does not feel frozen but also does not spin freely i did not replace the supercharger bearings when i did the washers but i want to make sure i get the motor runn9ing first before i do any additional work. could the starter be weak?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information