Banned User

Polaris msx 150 oil problem

Last edited by chc3; 01-12-2015 at 10:25 PM.

Might be bad valves giving off blow bye

+1
    More than likely your intercooler is all gunked up with oil from that time when it was way overfilled and ingested a bunch of oil. Did you ever remove the intercooler (pain the butt to do) to thoroughly flush, wash, rinse it out? If not... then as you run the ski... your just blowing all that oily gunk built up in the bottom of the intercooler out into the pipes towards the intake. That is why the turbo-to-intercooler hose is dry... but the intercooler to intake part is oily.

And more than likely... the MAP sensor on the hardpipe is oil fouled and the air temp sensor will be sending bad readings to the ECU. So after you get it all cleaned out right... if you still have running issues... you might remember that MAP sensor (and possibly the one on the intake too).

What is your compression numbers like?

Cheers!

Banned User
    Last edited by chc3; 01-12-2015 at 10:05 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chc3 View Post
    I think you are right, I have not removed the cooler or done a compression test. I think I will just take it to the lake and run it full throttle for 30 minutes that should clear most of the oil out then i will clean the MAP sensors again. I do not want to take the cooler out big butt pain. Hey is there anyway of cleaning the cooler out in the ski?
    Check out this thread... guy cleaned IC in-the-ski...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=94484&page=2

Just riding it out is one way to get most of the gunk out of your intercooler. Might be a pain though depending on how much oil is in there... as it blows it out. I've heard mixed results on cleaning MAPs... most folks just replace them (~$45). The one on the hard pipe uses a sensitive (and most likely part to be damaged by oil) filament to read incoming air temps. When this sends wonky readings to the ECU... that's when the ski won't run right or up to full potential. Just keep that in mind. The MAP on the intake is identical... but doesn't use the air temp filament... so you could swap them around (not crossing wires) and see if you get any different results.

My comment about checking compression was about confirming the health of your engine... should it not seem to be running right. It's a sad but common occurrence to have the Nicasil plating flake in the cylinders and compression to drop. A compression test can rule this out quickly.

Cheers!

Banned User
    Last edited by chc3; 01-12-2015 at 10:05 PM.

+1
    Glad it's running well. Run it long enough and you should burn the bulk of the crap out of it! haha.

The Weber runs VERY rich at WOT... this was to help keep the combustion chamber cool... but at the added cost of cylinder wall "wash down" and increased oil contamination. I've heard it theorized that the increased wash down of the cylinders... washing the lubricating oil off it... causes increased friction and leads to premature Nicasil failure... also due to that 1st gen Weber block Nicasil plating was not perfected.

Cheers!

Thread Information