Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newbie advise,

Newbie advise,

Hi Guys,

Been a member of a jet ski forum in England for a few years now. Thought I'd joint you lot. Over here in England we only have a few tuners, most of who either race or run business's to prepare race ski's. I have now retired from racing. I just want a fast rec ski. Currently have (GP1200R) Riva heads(150psi) riva filters, riva reed stuffers, stinger pipe, carbon fibre ride plate, r&d scoop, riva sponsons, umi steering. Stock carbs. Interesteing to see what you guy's do to your gp's to make em fast. Any any advise is always welcome.

Andy

+1
    Welcome to the Go Fast Hotel Andy !

+1
    Welcome to the forum. The fastest GPR guys in the world hangout here and are very helpful, infact, WFO is one of them.

Welcome to the BEST site on the net... do you have any #s ?? rpm via aftermarket tach and mph/kp via gps??. with these,the gpr guys can get you started to more speed.... I see you have the carbon plate... how flat is its surfaces while bolted up?? look for plate mods in search .. some of the guys showed how to check it while on the ski .. this is where most are seeing the bigest advance in speed and handling...

We have a few Uk/Aus/Nz fellows here

Thanks for the welcome, I have gps'd it at 64.5 on the flat, but lake was a bit small, so may be 65.5 at best, with riva goodies attached was hoping for a bit more than that. I will get some pics of the carbon ride plate to show you whats its like, and as you say any help to more speed is more than welcome.....

Andy

+1
    Welcome Andy,

That carbon fiber rideplate very well could be a Rpott piece. Great for racing, not so great for top speed. About the same as a stock piece.

Lot's of tricks on here to make you faster. Stick around and use the search function. Do simple searches in the advanced search singling out Yami section for the best info. Do an advanced search for something like "tabs" and you will get good info on different trim tab settings. The same goes for the grates and plates and sponsons.

There are some guys on here running winter time speeds upwards of 75mph on GP12R's in smooth water trim.

Just had carbs off for a good clean, been advised of the high a low speed screw setting, i.e amount of turns out, just wondered what you guys suggest??

been told 2 1/2 turns out high speed and 1 1/2 turns out low?? Would you agree thats a good place to start at??????

And yes Mark, the plate is an Rpot!!!!
    Last edited by AndyW; 03-24-2007 at 03:37 AM.

+1
    Need more info. What size is your jetting.

go with marks advice about that plate not good for all outspeed... Id look for a speed mod plate from jim at performance or carl at island .. they can help you here from their own sections ( yamaha tunners) with fine tuning your set up .. what you are going to work at is to figure out your best angle with shims or washers . Also Look in the speed secrets thread by tommy (2fast4u)for more ....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information