Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Exclamation Stolen!!! Triton trailer w/ 2 skiis

Stolen last night!!
    • Triton aluminum double trailer with diamond tread toolbox on front.
    • 2011 Yamaha VXR (grey) with aftermarket steering system-His Ski
    • 2008 Yamaha STX-15F (red with large hello kitty sticker on front cover) Her ski
    • Both skiis had factory grey covers on them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130523_172237_824.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	323500   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130523_172337_540.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	323501   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1345159223978.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	323499  

+1
    posted it up on my facebook and the Tampa Bay Jet Ski clubs facebooks also. Hope you find them. Assuming the Tampa Bay area?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Hull colors and stickers are of limited use when keeping an eye out for stolen watercraft.

Hull registration numbers?

HIN and VIN numbers from the trailer and hulls?

Engine serial numbers?

Trailer plate number?

Post them here if you feel comfortable doing so. Then Mr. Google can match them up if someone does a search 'to see if it is stolen'.

What area were these stolen from?

Do you have your current email address configured in Greenhulk?

Subscribe to this thread so you will get instant notifications when someone posts here.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Stolen in Zephyrhills,FL. It's 30 min. northeast of Tampa.

2011 Yamaha VXR VIN# YAMA2253B111
    2008 Kawasaki STX-15F Vin# KAW36029E808

Didn't post earlier but recently found out... apparently there were 3 robberies in the area. One was Tractor Supply and the other was another residence. Police have some good leads so I'm hoping...

Sorry to hear about your loss. So that others might learn from your misfortune, tells us how they got them. Was the trailer on the back of your vehicle? Was it in storage in a driveway? Was there a lock on the receiver, hitch,? This is not meant to make you feel bad but wondering how sophisticated the thieves were.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsunset350z View Post
    Stolen in Zephyrhills,FL. It's 30 min. northeast of Tampa.

2011 Yamaha VXR VIN# YAMA2253B111
    2008 Kawasaki STX-15F Vin# KAW36029E808
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Hull colors and stickers are of limited use when keeping an eye out for stolen watercraft.

Engine serial numbers?

Trailer plate number?

Post them here if you feel comfortable doing so. Then Mr. Google can match them up if someone does a search 'to see if it is stolen'.

Subscribe to this thread so you will get instant notifications when someone posts here.
    This might be a good time to remind other watercraft owners to collect all the pertinent info for your watercraft and have it easily available for quick access should a theft occur.

Being able to provide the police with ALL the info right away can sometimes be immensely effective. Have a folder on your computer or smartphone with decent clear photos of each machine, the trailer. Photo or scan the ownership and registration documents.

Record or photograph engine serial numbers, clear photos of distinguishing accessories and modifications, often these things cannot be done after the machine is discovered missing.

Make the effort to document everything.

+1
    We need to set up "BAIT SKIS" with hidden gps so when they are ripped off the crooks are screwed... cops dooo it with bait cars...
    I bet they'd find a shit load of ripped off skis with a few of these set out...
    Just my .02

Sorry for your loss. Hope they were insured.. if you find the crooks and need help finding gators to feed them too let me know..

9. +1 by:

+1
    Don't put too much faith in the cops finding anything that's not dropped in there laps... post this up on every craigslist in the area and keep reposting and renewing the ads..
    Possible reward sometimes motivates people..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

Engine serial numbers?

Trailer plate number?

i really hope your skis are recovered. this prompted me to do what K447 said even though mine lives in a garage.

I have my HIN and VIN, as well as the license plate for the trailer. I could not find the engine serial number. Any ideas where to look for it?

+1
    Current status is the local PD had another theft about a 1/4 mile from my house. The theft vehicle was recovered with the other victim's quad, lawn mower, and his welder (welder was dragged half way thru the yard and about to be taken over the fence). Apparently the PD showed up and the robber(s) ran off. The PD impounded the vehicle, which that same vehicle was seen by witnesses in our neighborhood last night. Not that I'll get my skiis back but it makes me feel a little better knowing the PD had leads within hours of my skiis being taken. Insurance will be calling me tomorrow to discuss where we go from here.
    PD has photos, HIN #'s, etc.

My skiis were kept in backyard, inside a locked & chained gate, with 2 locks on the trailer coupler. It had a large coupler lock, the style that acted as a ball and had a metal bar that went over the top of the coupler. There was a 2nd lock that went into the small hole in the coupler lock lever.
    Our backyard has an alley behind it with a 3' swing gate and a 14' chain link rolling metal gate. The rolling gate was bent in half and the large heavy chain was hit by bolt cutters as the large Master lock was still in place. The small lock on trailer tongue lever was sheared in half. Large tongue coupler lock was not found anywhere. The neighbor to our side has a german shepherd and the neighbor across the alley has 2 large pitbulls. No one heard or saw anything at time of theft so these theives seemed to know exactly what they were doing, getting in and out quickly. Neighbor is checking his security cameras to see if he got anything on his DVR security system.

Apparently I'll be spending any tax return money on a security camera with DVR system too. I'm thinking a wheel lock on the trailer would have been a good investment also.
    Bait skiis sound like a fun time!
    Thanks for everyone's input and help! Yes they were insured! The gators would be too quick but it would be satisfaction just the same.

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information