+1

1st Time Poster, Wanted to say hello and advise on set up

Hello everyone, The bad news is that i bought my ski around the end of the season last year and I have only had it out for 10 hours. The good news is, since the Winter has been so long and cold, it has giving me a chance to set my ride up for fishing. Here are a few pics, if you have any suggestions like where to store the net or the best way to store my tackle, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0244.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	323522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0245.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	323523   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0252.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	323524  

+1
    Welcome aboard the Hulk!!!

Sweet fishin rig!!!!

3. +1 by:

Im so jealous. Grats buddy.

+1
    64 - Looks good, but here's a few thoughts:

*It looks like bungee cords being used as tie-downs. If you're staying in protected waters and won't ever really be in heavy chop, I'm sure they're fine. Otherwise, I recommend ratcheted tie-downs.

*Also, to help protect the mat on your rear deck, you may want to consider some extra padding under the "feet". I'm thinking maybe a tennis ball? It won't take much for the feet to rub a permanent indention into the mat.

These are just some observations, but you'll find your way w/enough experience. Looks real good and good luck to you.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Looks sweet welcome aboard, like 83Gator said when the going gets rough those feet are going straight through the deck padding into the glass or worse Nanocell . If you could extend the feet and spread the load.

Other than that it looks perfect. Please post your first catch.

+1
    Thanks for the recommendations, I did not think about the feet on the rack rubbing completely through the mat, the tennis ball idea is great and I will be using it ASAP. I did think about using the ratcheted tie-downs, but was concerned about how they would hold up to saltwater. I will give them a try this year and see how they hold up.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsdive64 View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations, I did not think about the feet on the rack rubbing completely through the mat, the tennis ball idea is great and I will be using it ASAP.

I did think about using the ratcheted tie-downs, but was concerned about how they would hold up to saltwater. I will give them a try this year and see how they hold up.

Plastic/rubber pads sold for under furniture feet, or similar. A cut open tennis ball will spread the weight a bit, something flat and stiff will spread the weight over a greater area.

There are ratchet straps with stainless steel mechanisms available. Cost more, of course.

I have the same retractable net. I store mine in my rear sponson while traveling and in a front rod holder while fishing. on your setup, I would check out something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Native-Watercr.../dp/B002A8XVVA. maybe mount it on your cooler and it could hold the net just like it is in your picture. I would add a small bungee or something to ensure it doesn't find its way into the drink while you are moving around, but it looks like it would work to me.

+1
    Hello & welcome to the Hulk. You should look up Jetskibrian, on here he is an advid fishermen ... he sets up fishing rigs (pwc), and it the expert. Good Luck

Thread Information