Thread: ECU Question

ECU Question

Just so I know the differences:
    1- What are the differences between the GTX SC ECU and the RXP ECU?
    2-Can you use the RXP ECU on the GTX SC with the stock supercharger impeller?
    3-Will the RXP ECU change AF ratio`s? and screw things up being it is intended for more boost and intercooled. Or does it rely on other sensor input like the OBDII`s auto`s?

What I`m getting at, is with the current mods I have now:

Modded air box (trying this out)
    PPG Power Pipe, non res
    ND IXU27`s

the rest is handling mods-the usual,

Can I plug in the RXP ECU to get the r`s after I do the bearing mod and prop up-grade (3 Blade 16/21 Skat) and will it run without the V impeller and aftermarket intercooler If I don`t get the chance to install those 2 items this off season?

Thank you guys for being patient with me, I want to understand these combos...PR...

+1

Re: ECU Question

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Just so I know the differences:
    1- What are the differences between the GTX SC ECU and the RXP ECU?
    The RXP ECU has a higher rev limit and has a more advanced timing curve as well as dumps more fuel.

2-Can you use the RXP ECU on the GTX SC with the stock supercharger impeller?
    Yes you can. I have done it on my friends stock GTX SC and it gained nearly 2 mph on top end and had better accleration.

3-Will the RXP ECU change AF ratio`s? and screw things up being it is intended for more boost and intercooled. Or does it rely on other sensor input like the OBDII`s auto`s?
    The RXP ECU would probably work better on a GTX SC that had some mods such as a cold air intake along with a Vortech SC Impeller. It is probably too rich on a stock ski.

What I`m getting at, is with the current mods I have now:

Modded air box (trying this out)
    PPG Power Pipe, non res
    ND IXU27`s

the rest is handling mods-the usual,

Can I plug in the RXP ECU to get the r`s after I do the bearing mod and prop up-grade (3 Blade 16/21 Skat) and will it run without the V impeller and aftermarket intercooler If I don`t get the chance to install those 2 items this off season?
    Yes it should run fine, but definately plan to add some more boost later.

Thank you guys for being patient with me, I want to understand these combos...PR...

Jerry, thanks, I think I should pursue doing something with the SC, it`s prob a good idea to check the torque, then do the shaft/clutch and imp mod predicting that I`ll be pushing it this coming season...PR...

How does the ECU control air/fuel ratios? is it pre-programmed, does it read from sensor inputs. I understand that the RXP may have or does? have more fuel, but will this rich condition worsen performance or longevity???

By simply installing the V SC impleller would correct this ?...PR...

Changing the SC impeller will definatly help but you still won't have as much boost because the GTX has a different ratio than the RXT and RXP. The GTX has a 17 tooth drive gear and the RXP and RXT has a 16 tooth gear which turns it that much faster.

Rocketman, I recently looked at the wire schematic and there is a crapload of sensors, TPS, CPS,CTS, you name it , even with built in mapping/parameters in the ECU you would think the system was infinitly variable based on all those sensor inputs, even though they have a specified range. I would just like to know what exactly occurs with the use of the RXP ECU in the GTX SC. I also see a fuel pressure difference between the 2 ski`s. I`m assuming that would have to do with that individual fuel module/pump etc. to increase pressure. So basically first thing everyone is saying is that you would need more air, via V imp, sort of to compensate for the richer AF ratio mapped in the RXP ECU?...PR...

Thread Information