Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Getting back on the ski when you fall off

Afternoon all (from West Oz at least).

Has anybody had the joy of constantly falling off the Spark when wave jumping and then having trouble getting back on?

Im 120kg and the effort required to just get back on is huge. The ski is terribly unstable at rest and has a tendancy to lean/roll over when you try and mount it from the rear.

I got to a point yesterday that I had to just swim the Spark to shore just to remount.

Has anybody tried out the rear step? Does it make it a tad bit easier?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman999 View Post

Has anybody had the joy of constantly falling off the Spark when wave jumping and then having trouble getting back on?

Im 120kg and the effort required to just get back on is huge. The ski is terribly unstable at rest and has a tendancy to lean/roll over when you try and mount it from the rear.

I got to a point yesterday that I had to just swim the Spark to shore just to remount.

I've got the 3up, am about 130kg at the moment.. I've got the re boarding step, I've only come off once and the step definitely made it easier to get back on.. It took a couple of attempts but I think that was more me panicking then anything, once I stopped, relaxed I got back on no probs, I did find once the foot wells fill up it became a bit unstable, but I just kept my weight centered and got onto the set as quick as I could,,

+1

Sorry the max rating load for the 2up is 160kg so yes you will find it hard to get back on in waves.
    Just grab the back handle a climb back on ASAP start sooner you start more stable it will get.

+1
    I think this should have been covered ... Ha Ha, before someone thought it would make a great CC ski. I can't imagine someone taking more than a few seconds to mount & restart after a spill.

+1
    I have a 3up with the step on the back. I have fallen off twice and had no problem getting back on. I imagine it would be much harder without the step especially on a 2up.

+1
    Sandman, aren't u about 6foot4 as well?? U looked to big for rxp, and you bought a spark?

+1
    It's gonna be like riding the skis from the 90s. The spark isn't near the size of today's cruisers. Best tip is stay wide and low.... Belly crawl.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ApriliaRyan View Post
    It's gonna be like riding the skis from the 90s. The spark isn't near the size of today's cruisers. Best tip is stay wide and low.... Belly crawl.
    Indeed, the reboarding techniques that work on the mid-1990's 2 seaters might well apply.

Reboarding step helps you keep your weight centered as you lift yourself up. Reinsert the kill switch lanyard before you fully reboard. Start the engine the instant you get your feet onto the deck and hands on the handlebar. Apply modest power which should stabilize the hull while you finish getting settled in.

Practice reboarding in chest deep water. The quicker you can get aboard and get the engine started the less likely you are to fall off during the process.

+1
    Get Left knee up on back while Putting equal pressure with Right hand/arm on right side . While keeping pressure lift right knee up and then with both knees on back Shimmy up the seat nice and low.

+1

How did u go with the reflash ? With the re boarding , practice makes perfect ...

I also found if one of the foot wells is full of water and the other not , it will make it worse ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information