+1

2011 GTI 130 Trim System Module

Hello everybody,

As my Seadoo has the IBR system, I wondered if it was possible to add the trim.
    I watched technical drawings between different models and it seems that I don't need to add mechanical parts to install the VTS trim system.
    I found by chance on a website, a Seadoo module (Sea-Doo 295100433 Variable Trim System Module) that I think could be mounted on my ski.

http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Doo-295100.../dp/B00AWPHP4M

Unlike the 2012 GTI, I do not have ECO & SPORT buttons on the left side of my handlebars.

From what I understand, this is what makes the module incompatible with the latest GTI.

In my case, it seems that this module allows me to install the trim by wiring only the switch on my handlebars.
    Is anyone can confirm me that this is feasible?
    Is there someone who has already installed this kit?

Thank you in advance for your feedback,
    Fabrice

+1
    Most of the modules that BRP sells are plug and play and do not require a visit to the dealer to activate, however the VTS might.

I have never installed one on a ski, I usually tell the customer it is worth more now to spend the extra on GTI SE vs the GTI since it comes with a step and VTS and guage features which would cost more to add than the original price difference between the 2 models...

I don't have any experience with the VTS module, but I just installed a cruise/ski module on my 2011 GTI130 (was plug and play and we love the functionality). Install of most modules will require connecting to the fuse box near the battery -(not too bad if you take your time) and in the case of VTS taking the instrument cluster and handlebar cover off to connect the control wires to the instrument cluster (again take your time).

We have the VTS on our Wake 155 and while it is nice, don't use it too much. If you are proceeding with the VTS - I'd highly recommend J&M camper. Save some $.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Most of the modules that BRP sells are plug and play and do not require a visit to the dealer to activate, however the VTS might.

I have never installed one on a ski, I usually tell the customer it is worth more now to spend the extra on GTI SE vs the GTI since it comes with a step and VTS and guage features which would cost more to add than the original price difference between the 2 models...

Thanks for your quick reply,
    I totally agree with you, but I bought the GTI while I was still student and it was a rental model.

Quote Originally Posted by Slywun View Post
    I don't have any experience with the VTS module, but I just installed a cruise/ski module on my 2011 GTI130 (was plug and play and we love the functionality). Install of most modules will require connecting to the fuse box near the battery -(not too bad if you take your time) and in the case of VTS taking the instrument cluster and handlebar cover off to connect the control wires to the instrument cluster (again take your time).

We have the VTS on our Wake 155 and while it is nice, don't use it too much. If you are proceeding with the VTS - I'd highly recommend J&M camper. Save some $.
    Thanks Slywun for your advise, it seems simple to perform. I would like to be sure that this module can fit with my ski.

Fabrice

+1
    UP!!

+1
    Any update?

+1
    UP!!!

+1
    I found the solution by changing the electrical harness. I still have to activate the option in the ECU.
    If anyone has already tested the module, please, explains if it really works, this can be interesting for other members.

+1
    a friend of mine just bought a rental 2011 GTi 130..
    he also wants to install the VTS module.. where did you get yours? how much was it?

Thread Information