2005 RXP too rich problem.

Hello guys,
    first i want to welcome and thank everyone for the work that has provided the forum.
    My nick name is Song and i'm from Mozambique, Maputo city and i have a car repair garage.
    Here we don't have any PWC dealers or any other person that i know that work with.
    I'm only one with some skills and some knowlege about skis in my area, i owned one2nd and 2005 RXP for 2nd year and i doo all the maintenance myself and for my brothers GTX and 2012 RXP-X.
    I have a CANDOOPRO for diagnostics.
    My problem is when i turn off my ski don't start when i stay too much time ( like 30min +) on water. i have to start till the batery goes off sometimes, to avoid that, i disconnect the fuel pump, start for 5sec or so to let it burn the gas in the system then connect the pump and with some luke it starts.. in the diagnostic doesn't show any errors related with that.
    Other then that the ski is running great.
    i try to search in this and other forums about that problem but nothing appears.
    So maybe someone can direct me to solve that.
    Regards,
    Haing Song.

+1
    check your fuel pressure but that's a real good sign of a worn out fuel pump

But only happens in water, is like the problem happens when the ski is in shake conditions.. never goes off when in idle for long time or when out off water!
    Note: I just have Riva filter.

does it start up if you try after 10 seconds, if so you might have leaking injectors

+1
    The fact that he has to disconnect the fuel pump and crank the engine in order to clear the fuel out of the system does sound like a leaky injector.

+1
    If your sure its rich and not lean then have your injectors flow checked
    many places can check your injectors
    it is common for some bad injectors to leak fuel
    I bet your motor oil smells like gas

Thank you, i think that can be injectors too. i'll take them for check and let you know the results.

Banned User
    +1
    Holding the throttle 100% OPEN while cranking will disable the injectors from opening, allowing you to crank the motor without injecting more gas into the cylinders. Try this when on the water.

This is helpful when doing oil changes, to push oil into the PTO to get sucked out.

When was the last time the fuel filters in the tank have been changed?

Thanx, this is the usefull trick, i did'nt know that when we push 100% throttle the injectors stay closed .last time i have try that but no luke.
    i Change the fuel filter last year.. But our fuel is very shit here.

I had i simalar problem with my 2004 RXP and it turned out to be a problem witht he coolant sensor, when plugged into Candoo it was reading a coolant temp of -20c, on mine it turned out to be that someone at somepoint had plugged the knock sensor pigtail into the coolant sensor instead of the knock sensor as the connectors are the same, as soon as i swapped it over the ski has ran perfectly with the correct coolant temp readings.

Dougie.

Quote Originally Posted by song View Post
    Hello guys,
    first i want to welcome and thank everyone for the work that has provided the forum.
    My nick name is Song and i'm from Mozambique, Maputo city and i have a car repair garage.
    Here we don't have any PWC dealers or any other person that i know that work with.
    I'm only one with some skills and some knowlege about skis in my area, i owned one2nd and 2005 RXP for 2nd year and i doo all the maintenance myself and for my brothers GTX and 2012 RXP-X.
    I have a CANDOOPRO for diagnostics.
    My problem is when i turn off my ski don't start when i stay too much time ( like 30min +) on water. i have to start till the batery goes off sometimes, to avoid that, i disconnect the fuel pump, start for 5sec or so to let it burn the gas in the system then connect the pump and with some luke it starts.. in the diagnostic doesn't show any errors related with that.
    Other then that the ski is running great.
    i try to search in this and other forums about that problem but nothing appears.
    So maybe someone can direct me to solve that.
    Regards,
    Haing Song.

Thread Information