Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Best bang for $$$ mods on a 13' RXP-X 260

New to site, own a 2013 RXP-X 260 and am looking for the best bang for buck mods. Nothing crazy, really just looking to get rid of the GPS limit, boost limit, rev limit and want to start up in sport mode. Ive done a lot of trolling and am overwhelmed.... Vtech, motec, Athena ... Etc. from what I'm reading just removing the nanny controls should be good for 5mph.... Is this correct? If so I don't plan on doing any future mods. That said what route should I take and why?

thanks

+1
    Welcome to Greenhulk.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirch View Post
    New to site, own a 2013 RXP-X 260 and am looking for the best bang for buck mods. Nothing crazy, really just looking to get rid of the GPS limit, boost limit, rev limit and want to start up in sport mode. Ive done a lot of trolling and am overwhelmed.... Vtech, motec, Athena ... Etc. from what I'm reading just removing the nanny controls should be good for 5mph.... Is this correct? If so I don't plan on doing any future mods. That said what route should I take and why?

thanks
    A Vtech tune would be the best bang for your buck, its a great system and works very well and if you don't have a ton of cash to spend its the perfect choice. If you plan to do alot of upgrades to the ski in the future and have an unlimited budget then the Motec system you be a great choice!

+1
    I would suggest to anyone just wanting to just remove the limiters to look at the R&D tunes.

+1
    My personal experience with R&D tunes was horrendous. Ck engine lights, bogs, stalling when cold, incorrect AFR, terrible turn around times, shipping my ecu to Cali then they ship it to bill Chapin in Arizona. They're closed 3 days a week. Total waste of about three months. They gave me my money back and I went vtech. At least w vtech you can make any adjustments you need without sending your ecu out. Just make sure you have Jonatans personal phone number and he will give excellent support, pretty much 7 days a week.

BUT! If you have the money and plan on doing a lot of future mods and changes, MoTeC seems to be the hot ticket.

+1
    Motec and be done .

+1
    Motec is the baddest option in the end but He said nothing crazy so I translate that as not dropping $3000+ on Motec. This sounds like a casual rec ski.

The easy and cost effective mods are 4inch intake, PROP, vetch tune (will remove gps/limiters). This will REALLY get the ski going up to 73-75. Obviously there are some supporting mods like a catch can and a adjustable fuel pressure reg needed to accompany the tune/prop/intake and increased rpms. As long as you can bring up the rpm's to about 8300 or so, you will be noticing a nice gain.

+1
    Nobody believes me, but I love my Les Cooke/Sea-Doo Centre reflash. Yes, I had to ship my ecu to him in Australia but i did it in the winter when I wasnt riding anyways.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Nobody believes me, but I love my Les Cooke/Sea-Doo Centre reflash. Yes, I had to ship my ecu to him in Australia but i did it in the winter when I wasnt riding anyways.
    Do you have any info and pricing on a Les Cooke/Sea-Doo Centre reflash....website or anything. What kind of gains did you see with the reflash?

Thanks

+1
    air filter, injectors, 137x4, prop & V-TECH

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information