Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spark cover

+1

Spark cover

Hey guys,

So I picked up my jet ski last week and the dealer offered me all accessories at a discounted price, I purchased the manual reverse already and plan on doing it myself when it comes in, but I am contemplating buying the cover and I need to decide soon. Any of you guys have thoughts on this? I haven't owned a jet ski before only boats and want to see what you guys think and if it will be worth it or not. I figure an important thing to think about would be where I will store the jet ski, so before you all ask during the off season it will be in the garage and during the on season it will be a mix of garage and outside, when its outside it will be in a lightly wooded area at our beach house.

Thanks guys!

I store mine in the garage too but am planning on buying a cover for the off season, more so to keep the dust off it.. I have a toy car that spends most of it's time in the garage, and it's always dirty (dust), should probably get a cover for that to!

I highly recommend buying a cover for it no matter what, especially if you plan on leaving it outside at all during the season.

+1
    Mine is under a cover if it is inside or out. Keeps it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Mine is under a cover if it is inside or out. Keeps it clean.
    Same here on our skis.

+1
    covers are on Ebay for $89.99 not sure the quality compared to the $200 ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sea-Doo-Jet-...p2054897.l5659

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dolson View Post

That thing is junk...I know it saves good money but it is VERY GENERIC and wasnt made to fit a Spark. Here is why I say that:

#1--
    • Handy zippered fuel tank access door on both side-------Doesnt do you any good on a Spark since the fuel fill is under the seat....
    • #2--
    • Quick adjusting side-release strap buckles---- if it requires straps to go under the ski and attach to the other side with buckles, it wasnt meant for the ski, it is just a generic fit.
    Just my opinion

8. +1 by:

+1
    Figured it's generic. But its priced right. Though you get what you pay for. I don't mind the straps and probably better to have if you tow it with the cover on. Not that I am going to tow it with it on. I might just make my own cover. I made one for the spx and it works/fits awesome. I made it out of sunbrella. I left the ski on the beach and it did not move once this winter and it was a harsh winter with wind and snow.

I agree with you opinion Tiny, but figured I'd post it anyway incase someone wanted a cheap option. It would make a decent cover if you store the ski in a garage. Outside I'd recommend the one seadoo makes

I'm waiting for Poppy Co to release one for the spark

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanesfd View Post
    Hey guys,

So I picked up my jet ski last week and the dealer offered me all accessories at a discounted price, I purchased the manual reverse already and plan on doing it myself when it comes in, but I am contemplating buying the cover and I need to decide soon. Any of you guys have thoughts on this? I haven't owned a jet ski before only boats and want to see what you guys think and if it will be worth it or not. I figure an important thing to think about would be where I will store the jet ski, so before you all ask during the off season it will be in the garage and during the on season it will be a mix of garage and outside, when its outside it will be in a lightly wooded area at our beach house.

Thanks guys!
    If you ever keep it outside, just buy the cover. If you ALWAYS keep it in the garage you don't really need one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information