Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

securing a spark

Hey guys What methods have you used to chain up your spark, im going to get a 30ft 3/8 security rope (braided steel) today and some locks, thinking about running it either through the intake grates under neath the ski and/or through one of the eyes either the trailer eye or the towing eye, wrap it once around the trailer and through rim and then around a tree. Then of course it will prob have a tarp over it (out of sight out of mind) I dont live in a terrible neighborhood but i do have a trailer park right next door to our fenced in yard, definatly getting insurance on this spark that covers theft (progressive).

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    There are a bunch of prior threads discussing methods of securing watercraft and trailers.

Have a look in the GreenHulk trailer forum and I expect a few searches will also turn up multiple good threads from the other sections.

One difference with the Spark is that if you install a tracking device inside the hull it is much harder for a thief to find it and disable it since the hull has to be opened up (presuming the tracker is installed somewhere smart). Of course the tracker must have its own battery so that a disconnect of the main Spark battery doesn't disable the tracker.

Ok ill have a look through those threads, how much does a tracker cost? and is there a monthly fee?

+1
    They run any where from 450 up and as low as $90 a year for service.

I used a cheap home depot 3/8" braided sercuirty rope for now ran it through the intake grate rear tow hook , trailer and rim and around a tree. And it is now covered up with a tarp for out of sight mind.

+1
    I was wondering which one most of you use

Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    They run any where from 450 up and as low as $90 a year for service.

+1
    I think there are only a couple of us that have them on our toys. I am pretty much sold on FIN units. They are easy to set up and use and work very well. I am sure you will find ones that other people like. Call me if you want more info.

John

Why not just park it in the garage? Chains can be cut in seconds. On the contrary doors can be opened in seconds. The difference is, if the Spark only sees light when the door opens it does make it more difficult to steal something you don't know about, considering it is hardly ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_kraft3 View Post
    Why not just park it in the garage? Chains can be cut in seconds. On the contrary doors can be opened in seconds. The difference is, if the Spark only sees light when the door opens it does make it more difficult to steal something you don't know about, considering it is hardly ever seen.
    Because not everyone has this option?

There are tons of self storage if you don't live in a house. Rather an apartment or your condo doesn't have the space.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information