Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Today's issue (icatch Trailer). Waiting for you advice as always.

Ok, as many of you know, I bought my Seadoo from a previous owner. Well, one of the things that was missing when I bought it was the icatch trailer lock/unlock key. I immediately order a new one from a website and received it in today's mail. When I inserted in the icatch nothing happened, couldn't turn it. I was wondering if it should hook to anything inside, because it felt kind of loose (like if you just insert it in an empty hole). Is there something I'm supposed to do first? Also I'm not sure if the hook that hold the ski is grabbing it the way it's supposed to be. As always, thanks a lot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140226_171404.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	323710Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140226_172008.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	323714
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140226_172008.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	323711  

+1
    when u pull it out should feel as if its attached to a spring pulling it back in...

+1
    No, it got not spring at all. It's just an empty hole. Should I be worried? I haven't put the seadoo out of the trailer since I bought it. It got straps on the back and I don't want to think that the straps are the only thing holding the ski in place because something might be damage with the locking part in the front. Any ideas?

+1
    if u pull it out it stays out? what happens?
    u should always have a strap at the back 4 peace of mind.

+1
    If you are referring to the lock/unlock key, yes. It goes in and out without attaching to anything. To give you a really stupid example is like when you insert a straw in a bottle, nothing happens. I't has the straps, but since the lock key is not working I'm afraid that If I removed the straps without being in the water the seadoo will just roll back and hit the ground. What about the front where the seadoo attach? Does it look to you like the hook grab it ok? Thanks.

+1
    this doesn t sound right. when u let go there should be something like a spring inside draging this key back in.

+1
    odds are the spring and washer fell out when the key broke.

i have an icatch trailer with a broken key and it has not stopped me from launching or hooking the ski back up to the trailer. i cant tell you if it broke in the locked or unlocked position. you have the key but the other parts you may need are the spring p/n 269800071 and the washer p/n 269800092. i of course use the safety cable at the front and 2 tie down straps in the rear and have yet to have any issues. eventually i will get with a buddy of mine who has the tools to get the new key installed.

+1
    It looks like it's on the lock position right now. Should I still be able to launch the ski and get it back attach after I end my riding day or it won't let me release it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpman View Post
    It looks like it's on the lock position right now. Should I still be able to launch the ski and get it back attach after I end my riding day or it won't let me release it?
    only way to find out is to hit the water. with mine and i supose like many icatch trailers i have to give it just a small blip of gas so it will release the ski but that may be due to the angle of the ramp.

+1
    u can have a go in ur garage as long as u take the safety strap out of the way n keep tight those straps at the back. The icatch mechanism must be very well lubricated and u must not apply too much pressure to the release handle because the cable snaps easily...
    Last edited by OP. LOCK; 02-27-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information