Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

can you bore just one cylinder on 1050?

I overheated one cylinder and it needs to be replaced. It looks like a 1mm larger bore should do it. Can I just change one cylinder for now?

thanks

Welcome to the HULK... I would not recomend boring just one cyclinder. If you do you will also need to rejet carb, and you will probley have one or two cyclinders running hotter and leaner then the others.

R

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyae View Post
    Welcome to the HULK... I would not recomend boring just one cyclinder. If you do you will also need to rejet carb, and you will probley have one or two cyclinders running hotter and leaner then the others.

R
    I figured that was the answer. Just didn't want to admit it. I don't feel comfortable taking the motor out, and I can't reach the bolts to the exhaust manifold on the middle cylinder. I may just resleeve the one cylinder and replace the piston with a stock size.

All you need to do is remove the exhaust pipe form the the manifold (four bolts) then you will have more room to work with to remove the exhaust manifold.

1 over makes it a 1077 for one cylinder just FYI ! I bet u can find a std jug on ebay or this site/ Z

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    1 over makes it a 1077 for one cylinder just FYI ! I bet u can find a std jug on ebay or this site/ Z
    That's a much better and cheaper idea. Post a wanted to buy in the classifieds, and let the parts come to you.

+1
    what casting number do you need? number on the side of the cylinder? you can go .50mm or .020" no problem but 1 mm i would even it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post

I've been following the classifieds for a month or so but haven't seen one. I was thinking about getting a sleeve and one of the top end kits on eBay. I'm having trouble getting the last bolt off the exhaust to remove it b/c I can't get enough leverage on it. I'll fiddle with it some more.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4strokepolaristech View Post
    what casting number do you need? number on the side of the cylinder? you can go .50mm or .020" no problem but 1 mm i would even it out.
    Call Jay he will help you out!!!!!!
    Atlantic Power Sports 10% off all OEM Parts, free UPS ground shipping on orders over 125.00. Ask for Jay(Service) Tony(Parts)
    Atlantic Powersports
    545 Mantoloking Rd.
    Brick, NJ. 08723
    Phone: (732) 920-7669 Fax: (732) 920-6789
    http://atlanticpowersports.com/
    e-mail us at [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by rbridges View Post
    I've been following the classifieds for a month or so but haven't seen one. I was thinking about getting a sleeve and one of the top end kits on eBay. I'm having trouble getting the last bolt off the exhaust to remove it b/c I can't get enough leverage on it. I'll fiddle with it some more.
    Replied to your PM. For $350, you can have a set of ported 009 cylinders/pistons. All stock 81.00mm bore. FWIW, there was a 1050 cylinder/piston that just sold on ebay...brand new.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information