somethings possibly forgotten?

concerning the brp spark mods,
    has anyone considered oil blowby issues and how they are addressed?
    how much power and torque is needed before the engine explodes?
    I can see the there should be a happy medium between having as much power but also torque and very importantly a good prop pitch.
    reliability is good if your not racing it.
    the reason im asking is because a pwc of this size and weight will be ideal for running the class 4 and 5 rapids I have here at home and I need acceleration above all so I can get away from what I need.
    I understand everybody wants top speed but this machine seems more like a freestyle motocross bike than a bmw hp4 or a hayabusa....if I can use the motorcycle analogy.
    and also will the mods be overpriced?
    the reason im asking(again) is because I don't think spending as much on your mods as you spent on the ski makes sense and kills the spirit for anyones' desire to have a little more out of there pwc.
    thanks for reading

That wasn't overly clear.

But I wouldn't be running any pwc near rapids. But if you are, I wouldn't do it with a spark. I'd think you would get tossed around from lack of power actually being put down. I'd rather have a little weight in the rear end to keep water flowing through the intake great.

I also think it's an unstable platform for what you are trying to accomplish.

actually all of the above is not true but nonetheless it sounds logical.
    ive been running 4 years in these same rapids on a 1992 Yamaha superjet totally stock,and I know of many other guys on jet skis and much older and smaller pwc's.
    right not I have a heavily modded aquatrax f15x and while its still fun and doesn't fatigue me as much it does lack nimbleness.

Melbourne, Australia
    We've done destruction testing on our engine management systems for the spark.

We would not release maps if they are not safe for longevity.

We have a rule at vtech, where we prefer owners to have their tuned engine last 300+ hrs rather than 15-20 hrs.

If it makes any interest to about blow by, we noticed no loss in compression with over 10 psi boost for 1 hr on stock compression.

Obviously we won't post all our testing publicly but you can rest assured when you go with vtech, we have done all the testing for you.

5. +1 by:

Thread Information