Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1995 sl750 head work

Looking to get the heads shaved on my 1995 sl750, trying to figure out how much to mill off and still be safe to run with premium pump gas, and also what will the performance gains be?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    What condition is the rest of that Fuji 750cc engine?

How many running hours on the bottom end, and the pistons+rings?

What octane number do you consider to be 'premium'?

Ethanol blended or zero ethanol gasoline?

How much more power are you hoping for?

Bought it with locked up crank, i Replaced the crank last year when i got it.

Put new rings on the pistons, has oem pistons 115 psi compression on all three cyls

new seals and gaskets throughout the motor

reed spacers

mfd wasnt working on ski when i bought it, it was in really great cond besides the crank of course. Iv put 12 hours on it since i got it in the water last year. I think the crank locked up on someone quite a while ago and it has just sat for a while without many hours

93 is the local premium, it will be an ethanol blend

and really im just looking for as much power as i can get while being safe with 93 octane

+1
    I would not recommend doing this, I did this with 750's in the 90's when no ethanol fuel was around & did not get any noticable gains, Fuji engines already require 89 octane if the fuel has ethanol in it, more compression can cause meltdowns, the reed spacers are the best mod for this engine, also which flame arrestor is there, the one with the opening on the rear or the updated one from the 780 engines? The one from the 780 will give you a bit more rpms, but you need to upjet the main a couple sizes. Pump & impeller changes will get you much more performance.

It has the flame arrestor with the opening at the back with the rubber elbow

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent_sl750 View Post
    Upgrade the flame arrestor. The OEM version from the 780 engines is a good choice.

Make very sure the entire fuel system is 100% perfect from tank filler neck to carburetors.

Upgrade to triple outlet fuel pump if you have not already. All new fuel hoses, if not recently done. New OEM type fuel filter.

Replace the fuel selector valve. Rebuild is possible but new valve is not expensive.

Entire fuel system must be airtight. Vent check valves must be in good condition (both of them).

Possible upgrade to ignition system with Pro 785 ignition. Fuji ignitions are my area of expertise but 93 octane should give you some headroom.

Jet pump upgrade to six vane stator. Impeller refurb or upgrade as appropriate.

Extended ride plate may be a possibility, OEM or Ocean Pro 'O'

+1
    Consider upgrading the FA. RLACEMAN is right, there really isn't much more than what he listed to squeeze more out of a 750 motor. Better off spending money on a 780 (if you stick with a Fuji) or looking for a faster stock ski..... Even with a 780 and all the mods you are looking at low to mid 50's tops, unless you get crazy with triple pipes, cylinder mods etc....... Then its just more economical to buy a different ski....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Upgrade the flame arrestor. The OEM version from the 780 engines is a good choice.

Make very sure the entire fuel system is 100% perfect from tank filler neck to carburetors.

Upgrade to triple outlet fuel pump if you have not already. All new fuel hoses, if not recently done. New OEM type fuel filter.

Replace the fuel selector valve. Rebuild is possible but new valve is not expensive.

Entire fuel system must be airtight. Vent check valves must be in good condition (both of them).

Possible upgrade to ignition system with Pro 785 ignition. Fuji ignitions are not my area of expertise but 93 octane should give you some headroom.

Jet pump upgrade to six vane stator. Impeller refurb or upgrade as appropriate.

Extended ride plate may be a possibility, OEM or Ocean Pro 'O'
    All of this will give you a reliable, well handling, snappy 750 powered ski......

With reed spacers will i need to open up my high speed adjustments?

+1
    With reed spacers will i need to open up my high speed adjustments?
    Shouldn't. Any way you look at it, you will need to monitor the wash. If you get spacers, you will need new hardware too.... longer studs and screws.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information