Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: seadoo lrv

seadoo lrv

Hey guys this is my first post! I need help on deciding which jetski to purchase. I have two skis that I'm going to look at next week. I have basically worked out the same deal for both of them. I feel pretty good about the negotiations but need advice on choosing between the two.

The first one is a 2002 seadoo lrv with di and 55 hours on the motor / 65 hours on the ski. The gentleman has owned it for the last 7 years. He kept ed it covered and he says it's in immaculate shape and it comes with a galvanized trailer from seadoo. I was going to look at it last week but it wouldn't start and he is having a mechanic look at it. But it was running great the week before. To me it sounds like a relay, solenoid, starter, or yellow wire in back of ecu (researched) any how $3000.00 cash and my beretta 9mm with recipts, ammo, $400 in accessories and case with original box.

The second ski us a 2001. Has a new engine and has been redone. New gas lines, rebuilt carb, new wear ring, fresh oil change in the jet pump, gas tank has been cleaned out. Says he has about 3000 dollars in replacement parts. He buys them broken and re does them. Claims 130 psi on cold motor. I negotiated him down to $3000.00 cash and my brand new igloo yukon 150qt cooler. It retails for 580.00 but I paid 200 at igloo factory store.

Basically im going to be using the ski for offshore fishing, toteing chics around, im building a flyboard.

So this boils down to my question in choosing between the Di motor and the carb motor. Givin the choice and the situation and if the money spent was yours, which would you buy and why?

Also I forgot to mention that the second ski comes with a painted seadoo trailer.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the hulk.

Flyboard? You going to connect the jet pump to a huge long hose and multiple lifting nozzles? That kind of pumping load might not mix well with the 2-stroke engines

That's the plan.... but I didn't know 2 strokes are sensitive to a load? Again, this will be my first ski....

+1
    Those skis don't have enough hp for a flyboard.

Ok well the flyboard is just a project. I'm mainly getting a large ski for fishing. I chose the lrv over the yamaha suv cause of storage and roomier when out at the lake with multiple people riding. But I'm having a difficult time choosing between a carburated or direct injection model...

+1
    IMHO I would choose the carb model.

The DIs get great fuel economy but when they start having problems it gets expensive really fast. A lot of dealers will not touch older models especially two strokes and the DIs need either the dealer software or the Candoo pro aftermarket system to properly diagnose problems and parts are expensive. I see lots of DI models get parted out because people get tired of throwing money at them. I'm sure there are high hour DIs out there than run great but I would not roll the dice on one.

8. +1 by:

+1
    If its a di or carb.
    Get the carb.

Compression test and ride anything your looking to buy.

Good things to think about.

Which seems to be more reliable?
    I can rebuild most carburetors myself but with it being a duel carb setup is it difficult to dial them in sync and correctly to maximize performance or fuel economy?

Is the carb model sensitive to weather changes?

Is it best to use premix in the carb model?

+1
    Carb model should have a oil injection pump. Be sure it works and the cable is in good condition !!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information