+1

Speedster 200 Upgrade Time

Hey guys I think now is a good time to upgrade my Speedster. It's a 2008 and there is a good chance the supercharger washers are ceramics and even if they are not i want to rebuild the chargers since I'm about 75hrs now. So I was going through the 1000's of posts here about upgrading. Most people like the ET135 for the 215's but I figured with the costs of a rebuild and wheels I'm not to far away from X chargers. I don't want to go through external intercoolers this time around though. I would at a later date. I'll just do 4" intakes to start with also. No impellers yet either but I am installing the Riva pump seals and stainless steel wear rings this spring. What do you think. Will it make a difference?

+1
    The external i/c should be stock on a 08 I believe. If not then your restricting the flow greatly by not having it. So adding boost is going to have very little effect without it.

Rebuild the s/c with new bearings n clutch washers asap!

+1
    Not on the 2008 Speedster 200 at least. When the 510 model came out it was. Mine still has the intercooler in the intake manifold. That's a good point about it being restrictive with the stock intercooler though. Gains may be pretty minimal.

+1
    I noticed a large difference and the x chargers over the stock supercharger and I still have stock air cleaner no 4 inch intake yetand it is more power than the jet pump can take without cavitation from a dead stop but a iling roll into it it will lay you back

+1
    How are your wear rings? I'm expecting to be against the rev limiter with the stock impellers but I'm hoping with the SS wear rings and pump seals it won't be to bad. I'm impressed with the pull now. It should be pretty nice then.

+1
    how was going to go with the stainless steel wear rings until a buddy of mine had one and he and suck some seashells in it and wiped out the Wear ring and the prop my wear rings are brand new and running a 14 19 SOLAS stainless impeller

+1
    Yeah I thought about something like that happening. I really don't think it would make to much of a difference if it is SS or OEM though. In my opinion anything that will be able to do damage to the wear ring or impeller to the extent of having to replace it will do the same damage or close to it even if it is the OEM wear ring in there. I pretty much only boat on a fresh water lake also. We'll see though. I could be back here saying how I ate a stick and trashed my pump.

The 14/19 gives good pull and top end?

Thread Information