Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a good buy??

Ok you guys seem to be my go to when it comes to advice on pwc. This site is great. I tested a lrv today and it was a Jerry rigged pos. I then found this little gem or what is believed to be! Lol. I'm looking to hear yalls advice on the year and model. And if he price is right. Here it is.... I blacked out any info. i can't post the image.. help newer member!

+1
    Maybe it's just me
    but I see no attachment

Any how it's a 2003 seadoo gtx 4-tec super charged. 115 hours. Garage kept. Has a Cover and galvanized trailer with spair tire and tool box. "Real good condition" $3800.... good deal?

Yeah my phone won't cooperate with the photo uploader

+1
    I've got one, I fish off mine which I think is what you are wanting to do? Make sure its had the charger rebuilt. The 03 also have the crap exhaust valves and weak flywheel bolts. Even after replacing those you'll end up with a much more suitable ski than the lrv IMO. More reliable, better on fuel, no pissing about with carbs.
    Last edited by brendanm; 03-01-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Bingo! I di wanna fish off it! See your advice about the bolts and super charger rebuild is what keeps me coming back to this site. Is rebuilding the charger anymore or less complicated than rebuilding a carb? I can do carbs but never messed with a sc. Is the price about right?

+1
    You need the correct tools for a charger rebuild. You can buy a charger tool kit for around $60, though the 25mm spanner will be useless rubbish. You need a press as well. The bearings must be pressed correctly so they don't get any side loading on the races as they are installed.

No idea on price sorry as I'm in Australia where everything is ridiculous, hopefully someone from the states will chime in on pricing.

I just saw were there is the guy on her that rebuilds them. I'll just go that route. What bolts should be used as replacement bolts for the flywheel?

+1
    Yep sending it to jerry is probably best, and supports this site!

You can either use the later model Seadoo ones, or go straight to ARP. Don't forget about the valves either. I haven't done my valves yet, but ski is used year round, and I like to live on the edge haha. 202hrs with no problems yet.

+1
    If your ski sits or has sat for an extended period of time the valves are that much more prone to fail. With only 115 hrs over 11 yrs that ski probably isn't going to last long with the original exhaust valves...
    +1flywheel bolts...

I just had a 03 gtx s/c with 594 hrs on it.. it was used for wake boarding.
    When I sold it that machine still had perfect compression and started on the 1st tap of the button every time..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information