Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what Seadoo did i buy

I can't seem to find what Seadoo i bought. The seller told me spx. But i doesn't have the mirrors I'm seeing on videos. Dual carbs are on the motor which the sp did not have so I'm leaning toward a 650 engine. I think the seller was correct, but could someone verify this. The number on the back of the ski is zzn21987a494. As i look up numbers nothing seems to match up with numbers i got. Thanks for your time.

+1
    If it is a teal color, it is a 1994 Seadoo SPX with 72hp engine. The last 2 digits of the VIN is the model year.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Lets see a pic.

The 94 spx did not have mirrors. It was my first watercraft. It has the 70 hp 650 (non x) engine with dual carbs.

+1
    Photo?

+1
    Serial Number (VIN) ZZN21987A494
    Brand Sea-Doo Watercraft
    Description SEA-DOO SPX 1994
    Model Number 000587100
    Model Year 1994
    Engine Type
    Package
    Platform
    Length
    Unit Usage Personal/Recreational
    Target Market
    Serial Status At customer site

Can't get the photos to work sorry. Teal is the color. The thing that was throwing me off was the air box. It was not fitting right, like the wrong lid for the box. The grove that the lid goes on was bigger than the bottom half Lip (tupperware bowl with wrong lid situation). I ended up cutting the inside grove out so it would sit right on top of the air box otherwise there was a big gap on the backside of the box. Is the 581 engines air box just slightly a smaller? Looks wise its identical. Long story short I thought the guy thought he had something else and was buying parts for the wrong watercraft. Thanks guys this puts my head at ease.

Curious if this could be why the compression test was 8psi different from the other cylinder. Too much air where the gap was?

+1
    No, the gap in the air box wont effect compression. And if it is only 8 PSI different, I wouldnt worry about it. Thats damn close.

Was thinking more along the line of with the air gap maybe the air fuel oil ratio on rear cylinder was running lean cause of the gap, which resulted in cylinder damage. Anyhoo this is a question for a different thread. Thanks for the input. Any thoughts as to why the cover was to big. Also should I put some kind of foam gasket on the lid to seal it good or buy a new one? Or is it used like a umbrella just to keep water from dumping in the carbs.as of now its not air tight but will definitely shield water from raining down in the carb

+1
    As far as I remember all the flame arrestors are the same. I would have to see a pic of this gap before I can comment on it...Sorry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information