Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me, please.

My dealer told m that after eveyride i have to fog the engine on my 2013 fzr. this doesnt seem right because ive only seen that being done when people are winterizing the ski..
    this is my first ski and i think im ill informed about everything so can some one please do me the favor of their routine pre ride and post ride checks?
    feeling i need the help and want to make sure im doing everything correctly...
    also does anybody know how to get the water out from inside the ski??? like right at the bottom that the plugs cant get out...
    thank!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GlossyHorse View Post
    My dealer told m that after eveyride i have to fog the engine on my 2013 fzr. this doesnt seem right because ive only seen that being done when people are winterizing the ski..
    this is my first ski and i think im ill informed about everything so can some one please do me the favor of their routine pre ride and post ride checks?
    feeling i need the help and want to make sure im doing everything correctly...
    also does anybody know how to get the water out from inside the ski??? like right at the bottom that the plugs cant get out...
    thank!
    Can you give us another important detail...what type of water do you ride in...fresh or salt?

+1
    I used my FZS exclusively in salt water and I only fogged the engine when I was laying the boat after my vacations. If you're riding in the salt you definitely have to clean it (inside and out) after every ride. To get the water out of the bilge I opened the drain plugs and put the tongue of the trailer on a sawhorse to drain it. To get the last few ounces I blew the interior walls with compressed air or an electric blow dryer and put a towel just underneath the driveshaft to soak it up.

both man so can you give me info for both?

+1
    Suck it out with a shop vac. Place a towel or two in there to absorb it. Tilt it up and drain it out the back. Etc, etc.

+1
    No you do not fog after every ride...find a different dealership when you need service..

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Its a good idea to put some kind of rust inhibitor on the outside of the engine in salt water use....

+1
    hook up the garden hose, run the ski for 3-4 mins. SHUT THE WATER OFF BEFORE THE SKI! then lightly spray the engine down with the hose and follow it up with a rust/corrosion protection product.

+1
    Would definitely flush engine with Salt Away and after flushing, rev easy to allow water out water box.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ's gpr View Post
    hook up the garden hose, run the ski for 3-4 mins. SHUT THE WATER OFF BEFORE THE SKI! then lightly spray the engine down with the hose and follow it up with a rust/corrosion protection product.

So i actually get a hose take the seats off and spray the engine with water?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information