+1

bosch 48s vs riva 50s

I wanted to ask your opinions on injuctors. I have a rotax 8650 ecu tuned to riva 50 lb injectors. I have a low hour set of bosch 48s in my ski currently running with an et 137+4 wheel. I thought I read somewhere where the spray pattern on the bosch injectors are better for the head design on these engines. With that, I figure I could leave the 48s in there and monitor the afrs instead of the riva 50s. (I have both sets of injectors)

What are your opinions/ideas on this? I figure I have the time to decide now before the start of the season.

Thanks a lot for any help, as always, you guys rock.

Banned User
    +1
    I will try and help you as much as i can...

I do know for a fact that RC injectors and Injectors dynamics both use the same spray pattern as Bosch. I know this because i used to run a Japanese import performance shop. There is a reason they copied Bosch. Bosch as always made good injectors and have used them on multiple different projects. I have seen some injectors on 4 Tec's run like crap but off the top of my head i cant remember what brand they were.

Stick with bosch or Injector dynamics. The forums online store sells both.

+1
    a lot of us had problems with the Riva Delphi ones locking wide open or closed with high fuel pressures. same with siemens ones. been running Bosch with the turbo and it has been great.

4. +1 by:

+1
    my ski ran better with the bosch 48s over the riva 50s idled better and didnt starve out upstairs.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Retro View Post
    a lot of us had problems with the Riva Delphi ones locking wide open or closed with high fuel pressures. same with siemens ones. been running Bosch with the turbo and it has been great.
    Wow so that's who makes there's? I have had nothing but problems out of Delphi injectors in the past when it comes to automotive thanks for this info i know now to stay away from them.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Definitely stick with your Bosch 48's! The so called "Riva pro series injectors" are Delphi injectors, and there garbage... as others have stated.

+1
    Sweet, thanks. That is what I wanted to know. I figured I would stick with the 48s, they ran great last year, so I figure why change them. I had heard complaints about the riva pros, but wanted to make sure nothing would mess with the ecu since it was tuned to the 50s.

Thanks again for all the replies, it gives me a lot of peace of mind.

Jeff

+1
    Clarification ... the Riva Delphi 50s work great with the Riva ECU at standard fuel pressure with the Riva ECU. I ran my Riva ECU and Riva 50s for 3 years without a hiccup, and fueling was great. If you want to go beyond 8600 rpms or beyond a stock X charger, you may need to switch injectors for more fueling ... but up to those restrictions, the Riva Delphis are not garbage IMO. I ran 81 mph GPS with that setup and stock X charger. The Riva Delphi 50s are not junk, they just need to be used as intended.

+1
    I agree Vern, they work fine. its when you start pushing them beyond what they were intended for is when you have issues. its why I said high fuel pressures

+1
    five-0 does sell some good unmodified injectors
    but every set of modified injectors I have had flow tested as junk (4 sets of black ops)
    they work fine at max flow
    but were terrible at low flow

Thread Information