Thread: Gen 3 I/C

+1

Gen 3 I/C

Fixing to replace the stock POS I/C before I have issues with my 2011 GTX/LTD I/S 260. I am going to replace with the Gen 3 should I see any improvements with performance. I Have air intake kit, manifold kit, v-tech 8350 tune and turning a 15/20 Solas impeller around 8160 to 8200 rpm's in cool weather and 100 to 160 less rpm's in warm weather.

Banned User
    +1
    You will see a minor improvement but dont expect it to be night and day. The OEM inter coolers are not as bad as every one says it mostly just hearsay. I wouldn't mind buying that stock one from you to put in my 215 hull let me know if you want to get rid of it.

3. +1 by:

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4TECGUY View Post
    You will see a minor improvement but dont expect it to be night and day.
    On a ski with mods, especially in the summer.... you will see night and day differences!

The OEM inter coolers are not as bad as every one says it mostly just hearsay..
    ....... Evidently you haven't had your engine full of water yet due to one! Give it time..... and then try to tell everyone here that it's just "hearsay"

Do you work for BRP???

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post

The OEM inter coolers are not as bad as every one says it mostly just hearsay..
    ....... Evidently you haven't had your engine full of water yet due to one! Give it time..... and then try to tell everyone here that it's just "hearsay"

Do you work for BRP???
    I wished i worked for BRP lol. But all my friends have modded rxp-x's and rxt-x's and still running the oem intercooler 3 of the people i ride with have more then 150hrs on there ski's and still no problems. But this could be do the fact that these skis have never seen saltwater.

+1
    I have over 160 hours on my stock I/C with no issues but I do not use in saltwater. I have been a part of the Greenhulk Website for a pretty long time and have found the information I have received on issues like the I/C to be very dependable. I will let you know when I replace the OEM I/C should be in the next couple of weeks. I am just trying to decide between the Fizzle or the Gen 3 I/C. I know the Gen 3 is a direct replacement but the Fizzle requires a little modification. I have used Fizzle I/C in the past with nothing but great results and no issues. I would not hesitate to use the Fizzle now I am just not sure about the modification it would take to hook it up to my ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moultrie rxp View Post
    I have over 160 hours on my stock I/C with no issues but I do not use in saltwater. I have been a part of the Greenhulk Website for a pretty long time and have found the information I have received on issues like the I/C to be very dependable. I will let you know when I replace the OEM I/C should be in the next couple of weeks. I am just trying to decide between the Fizzle or the Gen 3 I/C. I know the Gen 3 is a direct replacement but the Fizzle requires a little modification. I have used Fizzle I/C in the past with nothing but great results and no issues. I would not hesitate to use the Fizzle now I am just not sure about the modification it would take to hook it up to my ski.
    All you have to do is shorten the stock hoses and add the 2 pipes and 2 couplers I supply.

Thread Information