Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

15F mods - a little help please

I have a customer that would like to spend $2K to mod his STX15F for closed course. He will continue to use the ski recreationally, but the closed course bug bit him last season & he just wants a little more out of his ski. He realizes he will not keep up with Ultras & RXPXs. We already ordered an impeller recommended by Dave at Impros. Any suggestions for mods would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    What class will he be riding and in what sanctioning body?

Sean

Regional racing, not the national tour. The class is Pro/Am Runabout Open, run what ya brung. Again, he just wants to get a little bit more out of the boat, maybe 65mph' ish.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    2k in a run what ya brung race buy a 250x/260x/300x/rxp/rxt/1.8 yamaha motor and drop it in.

realistically, its going to be tough to even compete, you will need a rideplate and intake grate, sponsons, grips or bars and grips, seat cover. I'd call it a day there and use the rest for gas or beer.

NA class would be a totally different story but thats my pet project which I won't post explicit details about.

Sean

+1
    Sell the ski and add the 2k to it and get something better suited for cc racing...

Just my .02

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Sell the ski and add the 2k to it and get something better suited for cc racing...

Just my .02
    Surprised you didnt tell him to run injection cleaner and change the plugs.....

7. +1 by:

I tried to get him to buy a $2,500 sport spec blaster & race with the rest of us at a full line, but he would rather dump money into the 15F. I don't want to discourage the guy from racing, after all it's not like he is going to win anything other than a $3.00 third place plastic trophy at best. I've been racing blasters for twenty years & continue to race because I love it, not because there is money to be made - there is no money in closed course. So is there no viable mods for the 15F which would yeild a few more mph's ?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Prop pitch, air intake, exhaust, ride plate....clean up the intake grate and pump housing casting marks....sponsons to make it turn...you are looking at 65-66 mph....after market intake grate for better hook up, better sustained speed....lower top speed...

Thanks Aquaholic, what are the better parts of choice ? .. A ride plate & intake grate on a blaster make a dramatic improvement, but for example, the R&D handling components are junk. On a blaster, hooker 11/17, Pro-Tec ride plate, Worx 201 intake grate, ADA head with 35cc domes, MSD ignition enhancer, V Force reeds, & a set of 44mm carbs on a 62T motor - that's how you set up a spec blaster. I'm wondering which particular air intake, exhaust, ride plate & intake grate perform best on the 15F ?

+1
    Bolt on mods have gotten me some great improvements. And I've shown a few Yami's and Dooers a thing or two! But I am in it for the fun. That's what it's about, right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information