Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GTR in rough water

How is the GTR in rough water? How is it in 2 foot to 4 foot waves? chop? etc. Is it a wet ride? I know it's not as good as the larger PWC (GTX, RXT, FX, etc.) but how would it compare to a STX or VXR or something closer to that size? Thanks for any insight.

+1
    I'm not an expert,but in 2-4 foot chop I'm sure your going to get wet on just about anything. Only problem I've ever had with my gtr in rough water is with passengers,it's hard to find a good speed where everyone is comfortable.

3. +1 by:

It's a GTI hull, it's flat-ish. I love my GTR215, but it WILL beat you up on chop (rough water). IF, you normally ride in choppy water, you definitely want the S3 hull, NO BRAINER. I know it's more, but it's worth it! There are days, I wish I had an S3 hull regardless of the price. With that said... on normal days, I love spending the money I saved on gas, killing most everything else on the water, but on bad days, I feel like I'm going to be very sore at the end of the day.

+1
    My GTR handles chop soooo much better than my older ski, 05 rxp. I am noticing a less stable ride in the gtr compare to the rxp. Almost like he rxp tracked better when at low speeds. But once the gtr gets up to 45mph it straightens up.

+1
    Or... It could be the touring style seat on the gtr, just thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spalding View Post
    I'm not an expert,but in 2-4 foot chop I'm sure your going to get wet on just about anything. Only problem I've ever had with my gtr in rough water is with passengers,it's hard to find a good speed where everyone is comfortable.

Thanks for the reply. Why is hard to find a good speed finding a comfortable speed for everyone with passenger when in rough water. Is it something with the GTR, the GTR seat or just the rough water? How is the GTR with passengers? I do ride with passenger a lot.

Most of the time I'm in 1' or less chop. I won't be in 2' to 4' that often but I at least want to know what I am getting into if I get the GTR.

I have a lot of time on a STX 15f hull and some on a VXS... Does anyone have experience on either of these and can compare it the GTR?

Quote Originally Posted by KC8ANP View Post
    It's a GTI hull, it's flat-ish. I love my GTR215, but it WILL beat you up on chop (rough water). IF, you normally ride in choppy water, you definitely want the S3 hull, NO BRAINER. I know it's more, but it's worth it! There are days, I wish I had an S3 hull regardless of the price. With that said... on normal days, I love spending the money I saved on gas, killing most everything else on the water, but on bad days, I feel like I'm going to be very sore at the end of the day.
    Most of the time I'm on flatter water (less than 2' waves). Having said that, can you throw the S3 hulls around like the GTR? I'm assuming the S3 hull doesn't slide around as much as the GTR hull.

+1
    Thats correct. The S3 hull out performs with handling. Its all about what you prefer, i personally like how the GTR slide, gives it a fun factor for me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by benGTST View Post
    Thats correct. The S3 hull out performs with handling. Its all about what you prefer, i personally like how the GTR slide, gives it a fun factor for me.
    Yep...I love that too.

+1
    Had mine 2 yrs now ............... never had any complaints even in rough stuff ...east coast on N.Ireland....enjoy ur Ski

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information